External Footswitch Function

I have the Beatbuddy mounted up high so it’s easy to select songs
I then start them by pressing the main pedal with my hand
I also use an external footswitch to Pause/Unpause

It would be nice to see one more function in the footswitch menu to start a song if the song is stopped
• No Action
• Accent Hit
• Song Advance
• Song Back
• Tap Tempo
START SONG

That would enable me to select a song on the BeatBuddy, then use a single external footswitch to start the song & also Pause/Unpause

Great pedal…performing as a duet, this pedal has completely changed our sound
Our music is so much better with the BeatBuddy

Maybe I have my foot switch set different than you do - but the way I get this to work is to first select beat, start the beat, then use the foot switch to pause the beat. Then I just “unpause” to start everything together.
Maybe there’s a reason this won’t work for you or maybe you need to explore the Midi settings for the foot switch, Idk, but it seems mine is able to do what you’re asking.

Hi
I am not sure what you mean…what you describe is how I use the pedal & external footswitch

If you read my post, I am asking Singular to add another function for when the song is stopped (not paused)
One that will start the song
That way, the external footswitch can start the song after it has been selected & also pause/unpause it
I have the BeatBuddy up high so I don’t have to bend over to select songs

Anyway…thanks for trying to help!

Use the Footswitch as the Main Pedal:

Use the BeatBuddy on a table- top (or keyboard) height. Set one of the footswitches to act like the main pedal (Settings > Footswitch > Function > Main pedal)

Note: Latching footswitches can’t be used with the main pedal option. A momentary footswitch is required. All Singular Sound Footswitches manufactured
after May 2015 are momentary.

Thanks Phil…
I need to start a song & also Pause/Unpause it with a single press of the external pedal
That won’t work by setting the external to function like a Main
All that is needed is what I suggested in my original post…
To add one more function in the footswitch menu to start a song if the song is stopped
• No Action
• Accent Hit
• Song Advance
• Song Back
• Tap Tempo
START SONG

thanks again for all your help to the BeatBuddy community!