Factory 2.0 kits and old user kits

I’m just curious since all the factory kits have been updated what will happen to all the kits that were based on them? Are they useless now? I know some people created kits with their own samples but what about the kits that were based on SS’ kits?
I had so much content on my BB SD card so I decided this would be a good time to do a clean reset and now want to start added some of the user drums and songs I got from here.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

The kits based on Singular’s kits will be exactly as they were. Changing the samples Rock, for example, has no impact on what was in Rock with Rick Bass. The Rock portion of that kit will still have the original Singular samples that were in it.

I think I get what you mean but just to clarify. Each Drum file has its own set of samples. This means updating the standard kit samples will have no impact on the samples in standard with bass file. But this is why i ask the question. If the base samples for standard were improved id rather have those samples in the standard with bass kit. Am I thinking about this incorrectly?

No, you are thinking about it correctly. But, in order to get the new standard samples in Standard with Bass, someone would have to reconstruct the “with bass” kit using the new Standard. It doesn’t just happen by itself.

1 Like

Right. So my assumption was correct. Thank you so much for clarifying that. Maybe it’s about time I learned how add bass and other instruments to the new kits myself. From what I see it’s not too hard but more tedious than anything.

1 Like

Search the drum kits in Resources for “Roll Your Own.” I have several sets of bass samples in those collections.

1 Like