Fade out Outro

Hello, I was wondering if there was a particular track that had a fade out outro rather than building to a crash. Looking for something rock or country in 4/4. I downloaded Knocking on Heavens Door from the User generated content (Thanks to jlaustill). If i speed up the tempo to 119bpm its exactly whst i need, except I’d like to fade out instead of crash on the outro. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a premade track like this or an included midi I can substitute for the outro. Thx.

Please bear in mind that the BB’s main purpose it to give you a drummer when you don’t have one or for practising, as such drummers do not “fade out”. So there is no pattern on the BB that does that, also bear in mind that most outros are 1 bar long, so you would need to create a longish midi file (max 500 events) and then in your midi editor of choice apply a volume fade - it may work.

Unless they drank far too much…

BeatBuddy is always sober, that’s why it doesn’t do anything like that by default:) But you can teach it all the bad things if you are badass enough! As Psalm40 says, edit an outro with any MIDI editor you like (I use Guitar Pro 5.2), and simply apply progressive velocity lowering to all the notes in it. This should do the trick for you.

Bear in mind, that this will sound not just like as if someone is simply turning the volume down. It will sound as if an imaginary drummer starts hitting lighter and lighter… giving you that very “fade out” you are looking for! :slight_smile:

I don’t play guitar (or anything else) through the BB, and I have a passive (no batteries:-) volume pedal after the BB.

Also 95% done building an expression pedal to smoothly control tempo, will post update soon

Volume pedal is much simpler!