Fat Bottomed Girls request

Hi, Group -
Just wondering if anyone ever created an OPB for Queen’s “Fat Bottomed Girls”?
I see in the Song Matching Tool that you can use Rock 4 @ 89bpm.
I’ve tried that and it somewhat gets the feel down, but it’s not quite the same.
The driving kick drum and the stops & starts in Queen’s recording make the song much more rocking, I think. (Of course, that also might make it too difficult to do as an OPB).
Just wondering if anyone has attempted or has it on the list to do?
Thanks!
D.

I have a non-OP, non-B version we just started doing. Sounds like that won’t work for you, though.

Hi, Joe -
If you wouldn’t mind sharing it, I’d love to try it.
I don’t mind it not being one press, and I can lay down a bass track myself for it.
Would you be able to share it with me?
Thanks!
D.

I’ll see what I can do as an OPB.

I’m sure @persist will do a better job, but I’ll share here as well – maybe it will be of service to him:

Fat Bottomed Girls.sng (6.7 KB)

Several parts:

1. Kick intro
  2. Kick first verse
  3. Second verse
  4. Chorus
  5. Third verse including instrumental intro
  6. Chorus
  7. Solo (because you gotta have a solo!)
  8. Final chorus out*

*The final chorus doubles up: The first time through does not include the hook/tag (the syncopated punch to the G), but rolls straight into the chorus repeat. The repeat hits the tag three times before coming to a stop, pause, drum end.

Have at it!

1 Like

Thanks, Persist!
I appreciate it. :slight_smile:
D.

Thanks very much, Joe -
I’ll start fooling around with it.
I’m sure it’ll be better than I’ve currently got!
D.

No worries! I try not to share very much (don’t want to impede the SS guys’ ability to make a living), but it’s been a while, and I don’t remember seeing this one in their collections.

Yes, I’ve looked everywhere too.
I appreciate it.
Did you make this yourself using the midi editor?

Mostly – although I don’t use the built-in MIDI editor. Some of it was played in using a Roland Octapad and then corrected in Reaper.

Got it.
I’m just now becoming familiar with Midi, and it’s not very intuitive.
Anyway, thanks again!!!