I found myself having the following workflow when putting together a new setlist for our cover band:
- We iterate over every song, find a suitable beat for each.
- We decide on the bpm
- We decide wether to keep the intro, outro. Making a note about this. Sometimes if the original song has 2 parts, the beat has 3, I need to make a note about deleting that part later
It would be really nice to have a quicker way of doing this, directly from the BeatBuddy:
- Add a new “context menu” item to the songs: “Copy to work folder”
- When this is selected, copy the song as is into a folder with a well-known, reserved name, like “work” or “new-setlist”. If the folder is not there, create it during the copy operation
- In this folder, allow new “context menu” items for the songs: “delete intro”, “delete outro”, “delete part 1”, “delete part 2”, … “delete part n”
- Setting the tempo is already possible with the long hold of the tempo dial
- It would be the icing on the cake to have a “Rename” possibility as well. Of course, it would be cumbersome but still possible to rename songs with the dials.
I think this is probably a workflow that a lot of people use when preparing new material. I know all this is doable using the BeatBuddy Manager, some things possibly doable with the BeatBuddy Loader, but having it on the pedal would make such a big difference in speed and convenience.
I also know there is a way of disabling the intro and the outro on the pedal but that is a global setting, not a per song one.
Please consider the above,