Feature Request/Wish List

I wish you could edit, save, and do other operations from the pedal controls itself (and not necessarily BBM). For example, i found a great beat, simply by chance, to jam along an AC/DC tune with; it would’ve been great to save that beat right from the pedal controls (there’s enough of them to multipurpose) and name it ‘You Shook Me’.
But instead, i have to jot it down on a piece of paper so i can remember to add/create it later using BBM (ugh!). (Oh and don’t forget to write down the tempo while you’re at it).
A lot of guitar effects pedalboards (ahem! Boss GT-1) let you edit patches, and save them as new, right from the pedalboard knobs/buttons - why not the BB?

Along that same vein, wouldn’t it be great to change the order of your ‘setlist’ (folder), or create a new one altogether, right from the pedal?

A lot of people get around this issue by using an app such as BandHelper or Onsong. Then it doesn’t matter what BB calls that song, nor will it matter the tempo or drum kit. You add a new song to your app called ‘You Shook Me’, enter the tempo setting you want, and it’ll tell BB to call up that song at that tempo. And you go can back and create another song called ‘Misty Mountain Hop’ and have it call up that same BB song at a different tempo and have it use the John Bonham drum kit. Probably the easiest way to do this.

Thanks richo, Does the Onsong or BH app use the BB factory preset beats? Can you navigate the BB from the App? (i.e. to link a song to a beat), Or does song name have to find the same name on the BB?
I’ll check it out, i have the midi/camera adapter for my iPad. I play out at open-mics so i like to keep my rig simple for quick setup/teardown

If you’re asking whether Onsong or Bandhelper comes with BB songs already installed, the answer is ‘no’. There are a few parts to this, a few things you’ll have to do before you’re ready to hit the stage with an app-managed setup. So, say one of the songs you play is called “Breakdown”. You’d need to associate the song name “Breakdown” with a BeatBuddy beat. So you’d probably want to grab your entire set list and start entering songs into whichever of these apps you’ve decided to run with. As you enter each name, you could also enter the info that tells BB which beat to call up when you want to play a song. Alternately, you could enter all the songs, names only, first, and then go back into the app and edit each song so that it knows which BB beat to call up. And, at the same time, if you wanted, you could put in the data that the app needs in order to send midi program change messages to your keyboard and/or your midi capable effects pedals. So when you called “Breakdown”, the app would tell BB what beat to play - at which tempo, using which drum kit, etc. - and also bring up the EP patch on your keyboard and set your MIDI-capable effects pedal to “chorus”. Something like that, all with the tap of a screen.

1 Like

thanks again richo, sounds like something i’ll definately try.

…they should still have save/swap/create features from the faceplate.