File hierarchy screw up

Well I outdid myself this time. Early yesterday morning before my first cup of coffee I was on my laptop and noticed I had multiple file folders related to BB/BB manager. They were empty so I deleted them. Now I keep getting the error message “Invalid project file location (file name) is not in a proper location. Missing required files and/or folders”.

I took the items out of the trash but have no idea how to restore them. I also tried reinstalling the BB manager thinking it might restore most files but no such luck. HELP!

Are all your files on your SD card?
You can restore from Sd card to BB manager to

It sounds like you don’t have or have not been saving your projects to the bbworkspace folder. If you’re using a Windows computer, the contents of the folders you recovered from the Trash/Recycle Bin are probably invisible. If the folders are named user_lib and default_lib and if this is the case, you might be able to restore them.

• Quit the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM)
  • Create a folder and name it bbworkspace
  • Put the bbworkspace folder in your Documents folder
  • Drag those two folders to the bbworkspace folder
  • Open the BBM; you’ll probably get an error message and if so, navigate to
  • bbworkspace/user_lib/projects and if your project is there, select it and press Open

However, not knowing all the details of what you have actually done, you are much better off by starting from scratch with a fresh bbworkspace folder and then using the project on your SD card to restore your work. Here’s how you do this:

• Quit the BBM
  • Delete all instances of BBM files and folders that might be scattered about your computer
  • If you have not created a bbworkspace folder yet, do so and place it in your user/documents folder
  • Download and unzip the bbworkspace default content backup folder from Download default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder
  • Move or copy the two folders you unzipped to your user/documents/bbworkspace folder
  • Insert your SD card in your computer SD slot reader
  • Start the BBM; you’ll probably get a message about not finding the project; navigate to your SD card and the project should open
  • Accept the prompt to store the project on your computer and navigate to user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects and press okay (or Save)
  • Accept prompt for future synchronization of your project to this SD card

Thanks for the lengthy reply and instructions! I’m on a Mac but can find the files you mention to try and resurrect everything. I’ll give it a try later today and let you know how I made out.

1 Like

Thanks! I was actually instructed from one of the Support staff to do this which I did as it was much simpler than the instructions above and all the required steps. Everything has come back but now the virtual drum machine won’t play any sound and I know I have my sound “on”. BTW I’m on a MacBook Pro.