Fills command?

Hello
I looking a lot of video’s and watching the manual and never see it

Is there a function/ or can assign a switch on the Maestro to make the fills on the Beatbuddy ?

tx

Yes, this is CC:112 values 1-127

In the future, there is no need to ask, all Singular Sound commands can be found here!

Ok thank you , is there a file like that with the Aeros commands ?

The Aeros commands are on the second sheet :slight_smile: Find the tabs at the page’s bottom

Oh I see, sry I’m not familiar with excell
Thanks a lot Brennan !

1 Like

No problem! I added a note so that it’s easier to find the tabs, you’re not the only one missing them!

Why is such basic/important information as this buried in this forum? You have a great product but despite your chatty language it’s almost impossible for the average user to customize - which is one it’s great values. Do a simple focus group with a couple of customers and watch them try to figure it out. Frustration is not an asset.

Thank you for your feedback, we have added the link to the doc on our website in various places now, it is no longer only findable on the forum

Have a good one!

I’m completely new to midi commands and have not found the topic listed as “Midi for Dummies” so I apologize if I’m in the wrong area, but this topic looked as close to my issue as I could find . I have the Midi Maestro and the BeatBuddy and am trying to program a command to add fills with the press of a MM button. I have looked over the commands on the list that is posted on this website (CC:112 values 1-127). I have started a custom mode. I’ve placed the title, “Add a fill” on the top left button on page 2 of the MM with a redirect to page 6. When the “Beatbuddy Start” button on the MM is engaged, it transitions to page 2, so I thought that page 2 would be the best place to add the “Add a Fill” option. On page 6, I have placed along the bottom three buttons from left to right, “fill 1”, “fill 2” and “fill 3” (without quote marks) and on the “editing command” page of each of those separate buttons, I have listed the “command name” as “Fill 1”, “Device” I put Beatbuddy, I placed the “Description” as “Add Fill 1” the “Type” as a CC, the “Channel” as 1, the “command” 112 and the value as 1. I did the same for the other two buttons, “Fill 2” and “Fill 3” and placed the value of “Fill 2” as 2 and “Fill 3” as 3. The rest of the information as far as the commands, device name etc… are all the same All the wording that I’ve placed is showing on the correct pages and when the "Add a Fill button on page 2 is pressed, it takes me to page 6 with the 3 bottom buttons showing My “Fill 1”, “Fill 2” etc… Nothing happens(no fill is launched) when I press any of those 3 buttons. What do I need to do to connect those buttons to the 3 individual fills that I’ve read that are on each Beatbuddy default track? Thank you in advance.

Are you sure you have on the 3 switch
For fill 1,2 and 3 the command 112 Value 1 ?
I guess but not sure (I need to test myself) that you can not choose the fill
The fills need to be set into the BB manager as random or following order.
So in this case if you set it to following order into the BB manager
Than you just need to set the CC112 Value 1 for each switches, and remember the used fill

Thank you for responding. Being that I’m new to this site, I can’t post any pictures or screen shots, so I’m trying to be as detailed as I can and may not be coming across in my details as good as they could be or maybe I’m giving too much info?

I’m not sure if I understand some of your questions, but I’m “not” trying to program the Beatbuddy directly. I’m trying to use the Midi Maestro to control as much as I can on the Beatbuddy.

I’m using a bluetooth phone app to change midi commands in the Midi Maestro (MM) not the Beatbuddy in order to create a Midi Maestro “Custom Mode”. The Midi Maestro is connected directly to a Beatbuddy.

The MM phone app comes with a number of default commands built in, but does not specifically list a command to initiate a fill, so I’m having to make up the command myself. I can hit the pedal on the Beatbuddy and get fills, but I was trying to set up a button on the MM to initiate a fill, so I didnt have to stomp on 2 different pedals.

There are six display screens per page on the MM (a total of 10 pages) where you can set commands from the phone app via bluetooth into the MM. There are several pre-made commands in the phone app, including adding/initiating accents, starting, stopping Beatbuddy, etc, but none that specifically say “add a fill”. You have the ability to manually add a command not listed into the phone app and then transfer it to the MM, but you have to go through 2 pages of edit info in the app for each command. The first asks you what verbiage you want to show up on the display screen of the MM. It also has a place to put a page you will redirect to once you click on one of the 6 buttons of the MM, then a large Plus sign to add the actual command, which brings up a second screen that says, “Editing Command”. This is what I have on that screen:

It asks you to:
Name the command (mine is Fill 1), this is on 1 of the pedals, Fill 2 is on another pedal, Fill 3 on another.
it asks for “Device” (I put Beatbuddy),
it asks for a "Description-A longer description of the command (I put Adds a fill),
It asks for "Type-this would be the command type)-I put CC (found in the drop down list).
It asks for “Channel”- I put 1,
It asks for the “Command” I put 112
it asks for “Value” - for the pedal I listed as fill 1, I put 1, for the pedal I listed as fill 2, I put 2, for the pedal listed as fill 3, I put 3… I have also changed them to all read 1 as well and there is not change.

I’m wondering if what I’m trying to do is even possible. All my display screens on the MM show the verbiage I typed and the pages change/redirect the way that they are supposed to, but nothing happens when I hit any of the 3 fill buttons…

I think you might be making it more complicated than it needs to be, only because you cannot directly select which fill the BB plays. To have the MM control a Fill on the BB, just program one of the buttons on the MM to send a CC-112 command, Value 1-127 (doesn’t matter what the value number is…they all do the same thing). That’s it. Just make sure the MM and BB are communicating on the same channel and that you save your custom mode properly.

I use my MM to control the BB and the Fill command (on one button) works fine. Like I said, AFAIK, there is no way to tell the BB which Fill to play…a CC-112 command will play whatever the next fill on the BB is.

“CC-112 [1-127] Triggers a drum fill”

From the steps you took above, it does seem as though you’re doing it correctly. Just confirm the changes to your Custom Mode are actually downloaded to the MM and that you can verify the changes. Also make sure the BB is set to receive Midi messages, and that the CC-112 command is enabled.

To be sure
Check:
Midi out Maestro to Midi In beatbuddy
Beatbuddy>Main pedal>Midi Settings>Midi In>Midi channel Number> Set to 1
Beatbuddy>Main pedal>Midi settings>Midi out>Output type>Need to be “Midi Merge”
test it first

Update your stuff
Maestro need to be on 1.1.7 on the screen (bottom left)
Beatbuddy 4.1.1
Also update the default mode on the Maestro

Hallelujah!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you both very much for your assistance, NYHC and BFREDROCKS. I’m not quite sure what fixed it, but I followed both of your suggestions as far as I could, including downloading the Beatbuddy Mgr to my computer and connecting the BB to it. All my firmware was up to date on both pieces of hardware. I had done that before trying to play on them.

I went back in the phone app and deleted the original Custom Mode that I had made. I made sure the phone app said it was saving the data and when all said and done, it’s now working; on one pedal to boot!

One thing that I wasn’t able to figure out was where NYHC mentioned checking out the midi connection settings in Beatbuddy. I looked everywhere and I could not find anything in the Beatbuddy mgr program that offered me the ability to check any midi settings. I looked at all the folders on the top left of the page as well as all the information in the songs showing on the screen and the only place that mentioned Midi at all was at the top left of the page. When I clicked on It, it had two options that were grayed out, so I couldn’t click on either. I guess at this point, since it’s working it’s not necessary that I bother you just for my curiosity of wondering where I may have missed the area that you were steering me to to check the settings. I’ve taken enough of your time. Have a great day to both of you!
Thanks again!

1 Like

Glad we could help. What NYHC was referring to about checking the MIDI setting in BeatBuddy is on the pedal itself. If you push both the Drum Set and Tempo buttons at the same time, that takes you to the menu and settings on the pedal, and from there you can use the arrow buttons to scroll and find the Main Pedal>MIDI Settings, etc that he was talking about. :+1:

1 Like

Exactly

Once again, thank you both very much! As previously mentioned, I’m totally new to this stuff. I very much appreciate your patience and your assistance!

Is there any interest in adding a feature to the software to enable individual selection of drum fills, similar to parts? I would find that very handy.