Firmware 4.0.1 introduces "POPS"

Hello! I saw you recently released firmware 4.0.1. I always wait until it is available for wifi before I download the new updates.
I have an upcoming solo gig this weekend and I rely heavily on using the AEROS for a good portion of it. I had previously made some songs on the AEROS which I use as backing tracks for some of the performance. After updating to the new firmware I set everything up to practice the songs for this upcoming weekend and after loading a few I noticed there were some VERY noticeable “Pop” sounds that were not there previously. The pops are so loud and noticeable that it makes the loops unusable. I loaded a few different songs to see if they all had pops and discovered the only time the pops occurred were during song sections where it had multiple tracks that were not synced totally.

For example: Track 1 is 4 bars long, Track 2 is 8 bars long, Track 3 is 4 bars long.
Every time track 2 hit it’s cycle there is a loud Pop. On other songs where all the track lengths were synchronized there was no pop introduced after downloading the new firmware.

I ended up reinstalling the previous firmware (3.5.1) and reloaded all the songs and the Pops were gone. Something in the new firmware is causing pop sounds which makes many of my loops unusable. I am content with the previous firmware for this upcoming weekend. Hopefully you can look into what may be causing the pop sounds so I can re-download the new firmware in the future.
Thanks.

-Jason (Dayton,OH)

Hello, that is odd, but we did add a background logger system that introduces pops when it is turned on, but it is not meant to be on at all times, only when trying to reproduce a hard to capture behavior.

Could you let me know if you turned this on or if by chance you could try redownloading 4.0.0, you could verify that this is still happening and the logger is off.

I have not heard any reports of this happening on any other looper, so it seems unlikely this was caused by just downloading 4.0.0.

If you didn’t turn it on yourself, that could be a bug however.

Please let me know when you can, thanks!

Thanks for getting back. I will plan to re-download the new firmware at the end of this weekend and do a few tests. I did not adjust any settings after downloading it originally so I don’t know anything about a “logger” being turned on.
After I download it I will let you know if I do in fact get the popping sounds back in the loops and at that point I will try to let you know as much details about it’s occurrence as possible. Thanks.

Thank you very much!

We apologize for any inconvenience, hopefully the logger turned on somehow accidentally

Since my Aeros upgraded itself via wi-fi, clever little chap, my Maestro no longer seems to control it. I have to bend down and select prerecorded songs manually. Any ideas why? Still works with the BB though.

I Dm’ed you

I have the same problem

Hey there,

Have you confirmed that the Active Logger is off in the diagnostics screen? You can find the logger on/off switch in the upper right hand side of the diagnostics page. You access the diagnostics page by first going to the Updates screen.

Let me know thanks!

Hi Brennan,

Very sorry to not get back sooner. I have had a very hectic week.

In regards to the popping issue: I have re-downloaded the newest firmware and it seems I am NOT experiencing the popping sound which I had previously. Perhaps I had unintentionally toggled the Logger to the on position as you had mentioned the first time I downloaded it?

Anyways, currently the issue seems to be resolved. If I come across any similar issues in the future I will certainly let you know. Thank you for your help!!

-Jason

1 Like

Great news! Thanks for circling back!

Hi
Since I downloaded v4.01 I had pops also switched off the logger which seemed to solve that however then noticed that new loops noticed that I have been experiencing strange problems while adding parts tracks to parts.

Specifically I can add a new track to a part.
So say i have
part1 - track 1 and 2 recorded
part2 - track 1, track2, track3 recorded.
If i add either a new track to part 1 e.g.

part1 - track 3 recorded plays back great
switch to part2 that play back no problem

Switch back to part 1 - this is where it gets random
it might start playing back ok but then random piece from part2 might start playing or volume of track 1 goes super loud…or is completel;y missing…anything is possible.

The same can occur on part 2 if i was to record play back ok change part come back its out
So the above occurs with either the SD card or the in built memory

Has anyone else experienced weird issues with tracks on different parts being used?

The other problem now on 4.01 is when using the internal memory the Aeros struggles to display the waveform of the track …starts ok then 4 bars or more in disappears for the rest of the track.

Have only noticed that on the internal memory.

Cheers Roy

Hey there,

the Aeros may have undergone a memory leak thank you for reporting, this state happens very randomly and we are looking into it.

Could you please create a video showing us how you are reproducing this bug? If we can reproduce it is likely we can fix it. Please send this to support@singularsound.com at your earliest convenience.

Please also send us a copy of the song folders on the SD card if you can, this can give us important info. Please also send us any logs that are on the SD card.

Do not alter the contents within the song folders in any way or you may corrupt the song and it will no longer playback on the Aeros correctly.

Can you confirm that the Aeros is not receiving external clock? If it is receiving clock do the two BPMs match? This sounds like a mismatch possibly.

Thank you