Footswitch Delayed Response

It seems my footswitch has a delayed response. The accents are delayed when triggered as well as the beat start (stop seems to work fine.)

This had happened on my BeatBuddy Mini as well as my BeatBuddy. I have exchanged the footswitch for a new one with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Your foot switch is likely set to activate on release rather than press. This is the normal setting for the foot switch because this allows the BB to differentiate between a short press and a long press so you get some added functionality. If you press/release right away, the delay should decrease noticeably if this is the case.

@Rob22315 I’m not finding this to be the case. It’s simply a delayed response. I’ve poked through the very minimal settings via the BeatBuddy and nothing has fixed this issue. Is there something else you know of that I could try?

Try rebuilding the SD card. There could be a delay while the BB finds the .wav file. To do this, make sure you’ve got your latest project on your computer. Start with a clean SD card, and save the project to it from your computer. This would be equivalent to defragging your hard drive.