footswitches...

Big fan of the Boss FS-7 dual. It’s a rocker type, very sensitive, and silent. Half the width of most dual switches. Works with or without power.

http://www.boss.info/products/fs-7/

I have the BeatBuddy dual footswitch which I have set to the standard config (while BB is playing): left switch = accent (cymbal etc.) and the right switch is stop / start. The pedal has the switches close together which is good when you want to stop and restart the BB within a song because you can hit both switches at once and you get the cymbal crash on stop and start - sounds more realistic. However having the 2 switches close together is not good for hitting the cymbal only within a song as you can often mistakingly hit the right switch as well and stop the song unintentionally. I also have the Boss FS-5L - ideally I would like to set that up as a cymbal (left switch trigger) in addition to the BB standard footswitch. That way for cymbal only options I could use that and keep it apart from the other switches. Would this be possible with some kind of mod to a Y cable perhaps?

if i go ahead and buy 2 FS-5U Pedals…
how do i connect them to the beatbuddy, which has only 1 footswitch input?

The Footswitch input is in Stereo. If youll get two FS5-Us, youll have two connect them with an y-cable (one stereo plug to two monos). There are also double pedals out there, like the FS 6, or FS 7, that can also be plugged by one stereo cable…

Some, like the original BB pedal can only be plugged with stereo (if not, only one Footswitch will work)

I took both of my FS-5U Pedals with mono out and wired both cables into a Switchcraft Stereo Right Angle Plug, One set of wires going to ground and tip, the other set going to ground and ring. The opening in the screw-on cover had to be drilled out a little to acommodate the two Coax wires and the lengths were cutom cut so that the cables would end up the same at the stereo plug. It worked great for me because I already had both of the FS-5U fastened together and mounted on my Pedalboard. Took them off of course to do the measuring and cutting, but everything worked out OK and the switches are quiet and very durable. They will last a long time. It’s easier to buy the Y-cable for this but my soldering iron was closer than the store was and I always keep extra plugs around. Hope this is helpful.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.