General windows 11 Warning

ASIO as in all ASIO drivers are currently not working… If you use ASIO stay away for now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! :+1:

Damn. It probably means that quite a few things don’t work.

so far thats the only thing i have found that is completely broken.
seems to me there gonna try to force everything to wapi… but i might be mistaken.

beat buddy manager still works.
pro tools still works.
studio one is fine
but no ASIO which means its kinda rough on hardware. :wink:

Any chance the ASIO not working might be due to Win11 microphone privacy settings? Win10 has microphone privacy settings which sometimes affected the workings of an interface (Windows thinks the interface is a microphone). May be worth checking.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-on-app-permissions-for-your-microphone-in-windows-10-94991183-f69d-b4cf-4679-c98ca45f577a

Even more invasive and disturbing…

devices not even detected…

well this is interesting… all of a sudden today my focusrite lit up… and my other asio hardware started working… seems like there was a driver update related to asio… all i can confirm is things are working again.

5 Likes

driver updated but still facing issues.

Thanks for sharing!

this is old and I never updated it everything is working fine…

Hey there! I stumbled upon this thread while looking for some information about ASIO drivers on Windows 11. I wanted to chime in and say that I found some helpful information on the Reddit windows key community. It seems that ASIO drivers are currently not working on Windows 11, so if you use ASIO, it might be best to hold off on upgrading for now. Hopefully, a fix will be released soon, but it’s always good to err on the side of caution. Just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help out anyone else who might be in the same boat. Cheers!

2 Likes

This is just not true. Is there more to this?