Hammond w/Bass kit

I use Logic Pro X, and I work mostly in Piano Roll view. I can select an individual track, select all the notes in it, and move them up or down the requisite number of octaves. It’s been awhile since I worked in anything else, so I wouldn’t want to comment on other programs. However, any good DAW should have similar features.

http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?threads/funk-neo-soul-groove.7003/#post-29856

See above for my process, post 4, I believe.

I was wondering where I missed that post :wink:
I’ll check my cakewalk piano roll to see if it does like wise.
thanks for the tip.
unfortunately no logic 4 win.

Just to clarify. Logic does not let me just hit some command and say “move it up two octaves.” It has a transpose feature, but that does not move the notes, it just processes them where they are. But, it does let me do a “select all”, and at that point I can put my cursor on any note selected and then drag all the notes to the octave where they need to be.

I’ve just finished a rough version of Samba pa ti.
adjusting sound levels, (chords are are a bit too much )
Select all (per instrument) works in cakewalk … I nudged down also …
:wink: thanks for the help
( checked in BB mrg …its slow to open your kit, )
tomorrow I’ll throw it it the pedal to see what happens …
this will be fun to loop … cheers :wink:

Hi Phil,
I hear the kit on BB Manager (with organ) but not on the BB. I have other kits with organ and bass etc… can you think of anything i might be doing wrong
Thanks
Paul

They only thing I can think of is something involving the hard right and hard left nature of the kit. Are you using both the right and the left out on the pedal? I run it with with the right out into a bass amp and left out into a keyboard amp and I hear bass, drums and organ. I would check the output jack on the pedal.
Plug something into them with a center panned kit, and see if you have output from each side.

You were right … that was it !
This is great !, I have all sorts of creations for my duo’s live set including different synth samples etc. and even a straight backing track wav triggered by a midi note…

Amazing pedal. The quality of your work is A1. Thanks

I have found a reasonably proper House of the Rising Sun midi. It needs some organ part editing, bu I should be able to have up by Thursday at the latest. I’ll let you know.

Glad you’re enjoying the pedal and my Hammond kit. I also posted two synths kits to resources that you might find useful. One is called T-Reese, the other is Final Lead. There is also a combination of the two, Synth Lead with Synth bass, I believe.

Hi Phil,
Technical question… as you are not using a choke group on the organ how do the single samples not collide with each other on playback?
Also if I use your midi file of the song in Logic to drive the BB through the midi cable , they do collide but not on the pedal…
???

Hi Phil, think I found my answer in the MIDI IN settings on the pedal “Note off” choke notes…

Correct. The midi “note off” avoids the collisions. When building a kit, its also important to make sure the keyboard, or other non-drum, note is properly designated as “non-percussion”. If you forget to change that and leave them as percussion, you’ll get the collision problem, too.

Hi Phil,
I updated the midi file as i found a few incorrect notes …
Regards
Paul

House of the Rising Sun is done and posted to the Resources.

Thank you Phil !!! This is our last song we play on our weekly jam night( up to 8 guitars), cant wait to see the reaction when I start this up. Awesome job!!