Headphone volume strange behaviour

On stage last night i noticed a strange behaviour of my BB. Randomly popped up on the display the headphone volume, like as a ghost was messing around with the headphone volume wheel :smiley: (the volume went up and down randomly). Of course nothing was plugged in the headphone input and noone was touching the wheel.
This thing didnā€™t affect the performance, but is a bit disappointing as I canā€™t see the beat on the display when this thing happen.
Any idea of why this happens, and eventually how to fix it?

There were a lot of threads about this already.

Without further ado, set Headphones Volume to at about 50%. Eventually, this ā€œfeatureā€ will fix itself.

This is known issues and is mentioned in the following topic as well as elsewhere.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=65&p=206&hilit=Headphone+volume#p206

Apparently it is going to be ā€œfixedā€ in the next firmware update, however I donā€™t think it has anything to do with the firmware, itā€™s that the Headphone volume dial is too sensitive. There is a tiny screw that holds it in place and I suspect this isnā€™t tight enough, many including myself have found that this screw works itself loose and the volume dial becomes detached. I have no need for it so I have removed it and tightened the screw directly into the potentiometer.

Thanks guys, Iā€™ll try!

The headphone volume issue is exclusively a firmware issue. It will be fixed very soon. For now, just keep the volume wheel at 50% or more.

Actually, I saw the problem at both extreme values for volume, either close to 0% or close to 100%. Volume range 46-65% is the ā€œcomfort zoneā€ for my BeatBuddy. But, most likely, your mileage may vary.

Psalm - great tip about the screw for the Headphone volume dial. Opened the back of the BeatBuddy (3 screws), tightened the dial screw (used the screwdriver I use for tightening the screws in my glasses) and Voila! Problem solved. Thanks for all of your input on this forum.

:x when does the next firmware update coming

There was already a firmware update - http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1226. Do you want one more firmware update already? :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve got this issue tooā€¦ the very minute after Iā€™ve updated my BB to new firmware from November,18