Help. Can't install Beat Buddy Manager in Windows 11

Not solved ?

Have you reached out to Support, support@singularsound.com and if so, what did he have to say?

Waiting for support reply.

Are you having problems downloading or installing the BBM—or both?

Sorry for the wrong info…it downloads but will NOT install

Got a new PC a couple days ago with Win11 Pro. This thread had me a bit concerned so I downloaded the latest greatest BBM version and set about installing it. I did do the install as the Administrator (right click the executable, “Run as Administrator”) which I don’t know if that makes a difference. So far all seems OK with it. Win11 v21H2.

Download came from here…

1 Like

Hi sorry, could you please send a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when trying to open the BeatBuddy Loader?

This is the image ?

This particular time I tried to run as administrator…it is the same either way.

This is the screen shot of the error message when I open it.

Regarding BB Loader. I was able to get the Loader installed (I think) however from what I have read it has very limited functions. I need to write new songs / intro’s / fills / and Outro’s often.

BBM was a great tool for those functions.

This is the first time I have seen this particular set of error messages. I am not 100% certain, but this looks like it could be an issue of app installation permissions on your computer or possibly a compatibility issue.

Let’s first try to solve the permissions issue (see #2 in this list named “Check App Installer Settings in Windows”): https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/try-windows-software-wont-install/

If the above does not work, try running compatibility mode as shown in this video: How To Run Old Programs On Windows 11 With Compatibility Mode - YouTube

1 Like

I tried both of the above fixes and nothing worked. I tried compatability mode for both Windows 7 and 8. Same error message everytime.

Tried a hard reboot…got this new error message on top of the old one.

You may have tried this already but it might be worth trying again and you’re probably tired of hearing all of our pseudo-solutions but this might be worth another try. Good luck.

Use the Windows control panel to remove the existing BBM app from your applications folder. Back up your existing bbworkspace folder (if you have one on your computer) but disregard if you don’t.

Download the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) again and unzip to your desktop.

Install the BBM app using the Wizard.

If it installs, try opening it.

FYI…I uninstalled Audacity. Then I reinstalled it just to make sure that my Windows 11 would install a new piece of software. It did.

The reason I made this suggestion is because all other things being equal (other Windows 11 users are able to use the BBM), there have been rare situations where the app when downloading from Singular Sound gets corrupted, or the process of unzipping the file doesn’t go as intended. Let’s see how this goes. Important to use the Windows control panel to remove the app so that it also removes all related files.

Can’t remove the APP…it’s not installed.

The issue is that it will NOT install.

Was this Win11 ‘upgrade’ an upgrade from a previous version of Windows that overwrote the previous version or a fresh clean install on a formatted drive? From Googling the errors you are getting the hits seem to hint at something in Windows may not be functioning correctly.

I’ve used this utility on older versions of Windows and it worked to find and bring back some corrupted files. Whether it may help in your situation I don’t know

1 Like

Okay, then make sure you remove any files or folders related to your bbworkspace folder or previous attempts to install (if any).

Restart your computer and then

Download a fresh copy of the BBM from Download For PC and unzip to your desktop.

Try to install the BBM.

I can sense and understand your frustration and appreciate your patience.