HELP! SD card reads "NO SONG"

No change.

Thanks,
Chris

It’s like the device refuses to read the card. I wonder if I could downgrade the firmware? I’d have to find the last version somehow.

Thanks,
Chris

Make sure your SD card is not locked (check the shutter slide on the side of the card).

Tried that. Locked or unlocked, no difference other than a complaint on the laptop that it’s locked. I threw an email at support. I’ll see if they ping me back soon. It’s either the device or the card. I’m starting to lean towards the device.

Thanks,
Chris

If you didn’t restart your computer after plugging in the card reader, you could give that a try. I think on Windows you can look at the devices control panel(?) to see if it recognizes the reader.

The reader is fine. It doesn’t recognize the Beatbuddy when plugged via usb with or without the card). It sees that something is plugged in but it doesn’t quite like the device itself. No device driver to be found, of course. I tried troubleshooting this within control panel/devices/blahblahblah and restarting Windows 3x, when it said I should, but no joy. Crossing my fingers. I was hoping to jam this weekend.

Thanks,
Chris

Do you have any other pedals (maybe Strymon or Pigtronix) with a USB port that you can see if your computer recognizes when connected? Try with the same USB cable that you’re using with your BB pedal. If those don’t pedals don’t show up either, try a different USB cable.

I also remember that when I first got my BB pedal (BBM 1.5.0.1), that it was quite finicky when trying to connect the pedal to my Mac via USB. I had to jiggle the cable a little to get the pedal to show up on my computer. Now I just use my computer SD slot reader to synchronize projects from the BBM.

To verify that your external SD reader and the new SD card are working, test it on another computer and see if you can transfer files to it. Do the same if you got the factory SD card with your pedal.

Although you haven’t mentioned it, your SD cards should be formatted as MS DOS 32-bit. New ones from the store are already formatted that way however, just in the offhand chance that it changed, something else to check.

I know other users have used the pedal successfully with Windows 7 but I also know others grew so frustrated with how it interacted with the newer BBM versions that they upgraded their computers or OS or both. Hope you’re not in that position yet.

32 bit msdos, ok. Good to know. Seems I can only find 16GB and higher (mini) sd cards. Does it only go up to 4 or 8?

Thanks,
Chris

The factory default is SDHC 4Gb Class 4 card.

You can go up to SDHC 32Gb Class 10 cards. Anything larger capacity than 32Gb will not work.

I re-formatted (not quick format) both 4GB cards at FAT32, used the files that support sent me (
https://s3.amazonaws.com/mybeatbuddy/BeatBuddy_Default_Content-July_27_2016-SD_card_backup.zip

), tried the same files on a brand new SANDISK 16GB (verified FAT32) and yet I still have a Beatbuddy brick.

By BeatBuddy brick, as in it doesn’t power up or it still gives the No Song error?

If you’re able to format the SD cards, are you able to open one on your desktop to display the contents and if so, can you take a screen shot of the open SD card with contents?

Your SD card should somewhat resemble the screen shot of mine.

Do you have access to another computer that you can try?

No song error.

Here’s the fileset:

I will see if I can find my wife’s computer.

Thanks. Private message sent.