Hey, Psalm40!!

Hey, man, first of all, your knowledge of this system already astounds me. :slight_smile: Anyway, I don’t know if you’ve encountered this yet, but many of the contemporary worship songs are kick drum-based on the intro (ie: Your Grace Is Enough by Matt Maher) or even Celtic toms through the verses. Do you have any beats that you’ve created that can accommodate either of these, per chance? Thanks, man.

In Him,
m.

He mentions elsewhere, I think in a thread about “celtic kit” that he has not created anything quite like that yet. I’ve been wanting a kick based “4-on-the-floor” rhythm. I’ve actually created a midi pattern for it, but haven’t been able to incorporate it in to a BB song yet.
If anyone wants the midi, I’m happy to pass it along.

rusty

Ha ha your too kind…no the person here with astounding knowledge is Daefecator, I have just been here since the start and picked things up and learnt as I have gone along.

As I have mentioned before I get by with what is on the BB. I have created a beat from scratch and also chopped up a commercial midi track for Chris Tomin’s Wonderful Cross (but never used it). You can also just modify the existing midi files, I used one of the Rock beats for Casting Crowns Glorious day and removed everything but the hihats to give me a click track then did the same and kept the hihat and bass drum (to give a sense of the song building) also used a B pattern from another song for the chorus etc… If I cant find something I am looking for I will change what is already there. One of the pop beats has 4 quarter note bass drums, remove everything else resave it and add it…vola. The Beatbuddy use of midi files makes it very versatile however it requires the investment of time to get the most out of it.

Of course to edit the midi data you will need to use another program, I have now dropped Cubase SX in favour of Prosonus Studio One and am hoping that I will be able to recommended the free version for editing the Beatbuddy Midi files, but that will be another post and possibly a video.

Hey, guys, I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you but I really appreciate your replies. Rusty, I’m afraid I can’t keep the software up and running weekly in order to feel comfortable doing more than just a modest “cut/paste”, :wink:

Psalm40, I appreciate your feedback. I’m hoping that they get the bugs worked out of the software soon and, perhaps more importantly, they get the Mac version released (I just posted a new concern that you might be able to help me with, as well. :slight_smile: I welcome your input).

Rusty P… if you can give me an example of what you are looking for, I’m sure I can either create it or upload something. I know you said 4 on the floor, but I’m not sure what you mean by Kick based. Can you upload a song that has it so I can hear?