Home Repair of Aeros?

Hi - has anyone here ever had to fix any of the footswitches on Aeros at home? I had one come loose. I think it should be easy enough to open and re-tighten that one, but a little afraid to open the box. Any tips? (FYI - I have asked SS for repair info and they are working on it, but warned that it could be a while to hear back from manufacturer). Thanks!

1 Like

Yes. Had the exact same issue as you. Button came loose, so I carefully disassembed the Aeros and screwed the button back in place. Took less than 10 minutes. The Aeros has no gotchyas. Its straigh forward and relatively east to repair. The Midi Maestro is a different matter. If you disassemble that incorrectly, you can easily destroy your device.

Having said that, I recommend that while the Aeros is open, make sure to keep yourself grounded while fiddling with the innards. Electrostatic discharge bricks components.

Gah, once a computer technician…

could you explain this to a woodworker with some soldering skills but relatively little background knowledge in electronic engineering? How exactly does one keep oneself grounded? physically i mean? :smiley:

With something like this: Amazon.com

learned something today, thank you!!

1 Like