How can I add instruments to the beatbuddy to hear the bass and guitar?

Hello,

Is it plausible to add other instrument sounds to the Beatbuddy to hear the bass and guitar?
And How does it work?

I have made a midi file in Guitar Pro 7 and want to play it in a loop on the Beatbuddy to practice solo’s on my guitar

What kind of instruments are you looking to add? Quite a few kits have been customized by users already to provide a variety of instruments. Phil_Flood has made at least two drum sets with guitar.

For example, here’s a song with 3 practice loops for guitar. The Scales v1 is just guitar notes, the Fingerpicking v1 is a little more complex in that it has 4 guitar-only routines for which I’ve adjusted the tempos; and the Triplets v4 is bass, drums, guitar and organ. The loops use the same drum set, Heisenberg Strat and Hi Organ. The tempos can be adjusted to suit your practice routine. I’ve included the MIDI source files as well.

So although this doesn’t answer your “How can I add instruments…” question, it demonstrates what’s already available from the forum. If you want to dig into this, you’ll really need to get and learn how to use a DAW (digital audio workstation) after which you may question whether or not the learning curve for the DAW would have been better spent on guitar practice. :crazy_face:

Guitar practice.zip (34.7 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for your time an answer.
I want to make a drum, bass en fingerpicking guitar loop.
I have tried to make a midi file in Cakewalk, but I got a better result with using Guitar pro. It has to be a loop in tripple (swing feeling). I’m glad to hear that it is possible. I couldn’t find a tutorial on this forum, but maybe I didn’t use the right search words🤔. When I’m import a bass sound I only hear the drum. I don’t know if you have to import this sounds separated and put them together some how in the BeatBuddy or that you can import one midi file With bass and drum and guitar.

Best Regards,

Rockingcat

I don’t think I’ve seen a tutorial for Guitar Pro 7 however, the process for transcribing bass notes to work in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and BeatBuddy (BB) pedal isn’t too difficult.

Here’s a link to a tutorial using Reaper to transpose bass notes https://www.dropbox.com/s/pixqiuxsusjmnhq/How%20to%20transpose%20bass%20notes%20from%20BBM%20MIDI%20file%20using%20Reaper.zip?dl=0

For me it starts with having an idea of which of the user-created drum set that I would like to use and you have two broad choices: a kit where the bass is located in the 62-91 range (NP StdPBass 63-91) or the 0-31 range (SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31).

Once you’ve selected the kits to the bass range you’d like to use, the general rules of thumb for transposing would be to select all of the bass notes in the MIDI source file (or .gp5 file) and for
the NP StdPBass 63-91 kit, you would increase all the bass notes by 5 octaves;
the SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31 kit, you would decrease all the bass notes by 2 octaves

This is a “quick and dirty” and the tutorial goes into much more detail so if you follow that, it will pretty much give you the idea of how it’s done.

1 Like

Thanks!!! Great!! I’m gonna try to make a rockabilly beat.
Thanks for your time!
Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,

Rockingcat

2 Likes

Where can I find the SUB-Std Pro PL Bass. drm?

Best Regards,

Rockingcat

I just did a forum search on SUB-Std PRO and found it here: SUB-Standard Pro

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you!