How should i use the MIDI Maestro to trigger a part change in the Aeros without changing the drum part in BB?

Hi Everyone
Received the Midi Maestro today & really exciting what it can do with the other BB and Aeros.

2 Question:
1)How should i use the MIDI Maestro to trigger a part change in the Aeros without changing the drum part in BB?

2)In 6x6 mode , after trigger the part changing , how should i stay in the 1-6 part page but not returning to last page?

Your help is deeply appreciated! Thanks

The BB currently is responding to all CC commands for part changes, you can try splitting the channels the devices are listening to, just make sure the BB MIDI Out is set to the same channel the Aeros is listening to if you want the Aeros to respond to the changes on the BB. You can also consider setting the BB to MIDI Thru, this will make it so that the BB does not respond to any commands it receives. A less drastic choice is to set the BB to not respond to Part Change commands ( Main Pedal> MIDI Settings > MIDI In> Control Change and find the CC113 Transition command and disable it). This will stop the BB from changing to any MM part commands, or any part commands it receives.

You have the option of building your own mode templated by the Default Aeros Mode if you are on Android, you could choose to change the redirect command that changes the page on the MM, but then you won’t have a way off of that page unless you have a dual switch momentary footswitch to change pages on the MM. You can also create a mode that does exactly what you need using the app.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks for the fast response Brennan!!

For Question 1
“Part Change commands ( Main Pedal> MIDI Settings > MIDI In> Control Change and find the CC113 Transition command and disable it)” << This one solve my problem , thumb up.

For Question 2
I on Android , created a custom mode with Aeros template and set the redirect page to meet my requirement.But it didn’t trigger the Aeros , i wonder did i miss any steps?? (i did uploaded the custom mode to my MM , and select it in custom mode)

[quote=“BrennanSingularSound, post:2, topic:22164”]
You have the option of building your own mode templated by the Default Aeros Mode if you are on Android
[/quote] <<< How should i do it? any video tutorial?

Thanks

For your reference i list down my steps

My Custom Modes>Mode Template select AEROS MODE>Go to Page 6 Redirect All from 4 to 6 & Saved > On the Bluetooth on MM and upload to Midi Maestro > Select Custom Mode on MM

Up

what am i do wrong?

Hey there,

Unfortunately, this is a bug, the Aeros template is not working on android v 1.3.9, we are working to find out what is wrong, and will fix this ASAP.

Please stay tuned, I should have some idea of when it will be fixed within the week.

1 Like

waiting for the update , thanks

has this been updated yet? i could definitely benefit. thx!

Dev is still working away at this it should not be much longer

1 Like

I have the same issue. I was under the impression that the MM can control the Aeros as well when all three are connected (BB + Aeros + MM). All I’m getting now are BB changes even if I’m on the Aeros mode on the MM.

That is because the BB has the same commands, that is not a bug, please refer to this document of MIDI commands. The only way currently to change the channel so BB does not change is on a custom mode, the default modes are always on the same channel.

This will be improved with a new version of the app, allowing users to change what channel the default mode sends to.

Thank you.