How to cleanly end loop/song?

Having trouble finding a way to cleanly end a song. Stopping is too abrupt. Other loopers I’ve used has\ve a fade out option. Is that coming to Aeros soon? Any other ideas?

1 Like

volume pedal?

I don’t use a volume pedal.

Yes, fade option is coming, it’s been a very popular feature request.

For now, the best thing to do is a manual fade out on the volume wheel, but yes we have fade-outs planned, it is only a matter of time. Thank you for your patience here.

3 Likes

I’ve found it hard to do gentle fade out with the wheel.

Can I ask: is the mapping linear-with-volume or logarithmic?

1 Like

Hi Brennan!

Can I ask if it is a viable solution to use a Volume pedal, as some have mentioned, to fade-out the entire looped arrangement?

I’m currently an RC-300 user and am really motivated to go Aeros soon! Just need to know if I can implement some reasonable technique to fade-out while waiting for that feature in the firmware etc.

Thanks for the support and the dialog!

This is what Dev gave me

inline float getGainValue(int i)
{
if (i > 0) {
// With this formula, x = 0, y = 0.00371756
return 0.00371756 * exp(0.0495105 * (float)i);
} else {
return 0.0;
}
}

They also said:
At each encoder step we increase / decrease the value by 5, but we can reduce it (and add a future setting for Encoder sensitivity)

This is something that we intend to do in a future release, it is not currently a very high priority but it is definitely coming soon, it should not be a huge thing to implement, the biggest thing is likely the changing settings to achieve this and change in behavior to accomplish it.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Did this happen yet?

1 Like

Soon is a relative term.

2 Likes

Hey, can I ask what you’re referring to? You can quote text by highlighting any text in the thread!

Thanks

Sorry ya just to the original question, I found similar threads so you might see me on other threads with the same general question about fading loops rather than a mute.

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

So it sounds like fade out tracks is coming do we have an ETA?

Not currently, no but it is not long from now

We do not give ETAs on features because, as we have learned many times, software product ETAs are not reliable and we prefer to not create expectations we cannot meet with certainty.

It really is not long from now however, stay tuned!

Thanks for the question

1 Like