I just picked up a new-to-me BeatBuddy from someone who had purchased it about 6 months ago.
I have already updated the firmware, but have a few other questions:
- how do you determine what drumset versions are currently installed?
- if the drumset versions end up being v1, can you still get v2 or do I have to buy v3?
- are any of the sounds in the Premium Library pre-installed on the BeatBuddy, or are all of those something that would have to be purchased to obtain?
Thanks in advance!
This is one way to check:
- insert SD card in computer SD slot reader
- open SD card—you’re looking for a project name that hopefully has not been renamed—and check for a file with 2.1 or 2.0 in the name
- if the project has 2.1 as part of the name, it’s most likely the most current content
- yes, you can download the Default Content Backup 2.1 from the Singular Sound web site
- make sure you have downloaded and installed the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) if you have not done so already
- no, not unless the person you bought the BeatBuddy (BB) from had purchase premium content and included it with the pedal
Before you do anything that might overwrite the content of either your SD card or the project on your computer, it’s a good idea to make a copy of all of the contents of your card and save them on your computer and NOT in tour bbworkspace folder.
Reply to the thread if you need more help. Have you read the Quick Start Guide? If not, time to do so.
Congratulations! Consistent with Persist’s comments, I have actually set aside the original SD cards from my Beat Buddy(s) and use newly purchased SD Cards (actually faster ones) to save/use for my Projects.
Just my $.02! ENJOY!