How to Handle .wav files?

I have a 1-second .wav file that might work as an accent, a kind of stuttered drum hit (if that’s what you call it) then cymbal.

I also have a 90-second .wav that could be the close to the song.

I did somehow get the 1-second to be an accent, but it was critical as to when I hit it the footswitch, sounded awful way more times than good. Maybe I need to experiment with the editing of the .wav?

I have no idea how to use the 90 second clip in BBMO as the final Part.

The drumming in Heart of Glass is absolutely awesome! Coming up on 50 yrs ago.

TY

Do you mean that you need both as accents? Or could you just make the other wav to be the outro? :thinking: Latter would require it to be part of the drum set :relieved:

Quite a bit to parse here, so let’s start with making the wav and the accent beat.

1. Edit the wav so that the sound start at the beginning of the wav file. You want this:

not this:

1. Make sure the wav is in the correct format for the BB, 16 bit, 44.1 khz. The wav should be stripped of meta data that makes the BB ignore the file. I recommend using NCH Switch. Just save from your wav file to the correct bit depth wav file in NCH Switch. I.e., even if it is already 16 bit, 44.1 khz, just save it to NCH Switch’s 16 bit 44.1 khz.

2. As you found out, longer wav files cannot be used as accent hits. There is a limit to file size, but I do not know what it is. Perhaps @support can pipe in.

Next, your outro bit would need to be done using the principles outlined in my Backing Tracks tutorial.

You will first need to make sure that the wav file can fit in the drumkit. How large is the kit you are using? Get its file size from your browser. How large is the wav file after doing the conversion with NCH Switch? The total of these 2 must not exceed 100mb.

Next you would add the outro to an open location in the drumkit. Where my tutorial uses “midi 36”, you are going to ignore that, and use an open location. From, there the process would follow the backing track principles. Your outro midi file will be one long note that matches the length of the wav file. That one note midi file will be placed as the outro section of the song.

Also, you’ll be adding to an existing drumkit rather than making a new one. You may wish to make a copy of the kit first, and give it a new name as described in the tutorial.

The backing tracks tutorial is here:

Hi there,

For the 90-second .wav file, I recommend adding it to the drum-set and triggering it in the outro. If you need assistance with the technical steps, feel free to send us an email at support@singularsound.com.