How to make Onsong send song select to BB??

Yes,you mentioned you have an easy explanation on getting onsong to control the beatbuddy tempo and bring up the beat,I watched the tutorial and am still not clear,if you have a better explanation I would love to hear your explanation in simple terms .Dino

I assume you have your Beat Buddy and Onsong connected via a midi connection, and that, in general the Beat Buddy can receive commands from Onsong. That being the case, these would be the steps to get Bobby McGee to be your first song, with a Blues Beat.

1. From Beat Buddy manager, find your Bobby McGee song. Enter your desired Blues Drum kit as the default drum kit for the song, by selecting the drum kit from the song’s drum kits drop down:

[ATTACH=full]9440[/ATTACH]

1. Save your Project.
  2. Create a new folder at the top of your folders list, call it Setlist, or whatever you want for this purpose.
  3. Drag your Bobby McGee song into this setlist. Note that this will remove it from its original location. If you want to keep it in its current location, too, then Export the song to your desktop. After exporting to the desktop, import it into your Setlist folder. Save your Project again.
  4. Since Bobby McGee is now the first song in your first folder in your Beat Buddy, you can tell Onsong where to find it. You do this by editing the OnSong lyrics for the song. After the Title and Artist lines in your OnSong header, your next line will be:

MIDI: 0.0:0

Note the syntax and copy it exactly as it is here. After the all caps word MIDI there is a colon and a space. The next bit, 0.0 is giving it the folder’s place location among all your folders. The first 0 tells OnSong that this is within your first 128 folders on the BeatBuddy. The second 0 tells OnSong that it is the first folder within that group of 128 folders. Geek math starts counting at 0, so your first value is always 0, not 1. After the 0.0 there is another colon, and then no space, followed by another zero. This last 0 tells OnSong that this is the first song in the folder, again, because Geek math starts at 0.

1. Your first three lines of the OnSong lyrics sheet will look something like this:

Bobby McGee
Kris Kristofferson
MIDI: 0.0:0

1. When you pull up Bobby McGee in OnSong, it will then go to your first folder, first song, and since you put the Blues kit you want to use as the default drumkit in that song, you will have the song with the proper drumkit. If you add additional songs to the Setlist folder, your MIDI command for those songs will still start with MIDI: 0.0:, but the final value will change to whatever the position of that song is in the folder, minus 1. Such that your second song would be MIDI: 0.0:1, third would be MIDI: 0.0:2, etc. When you have that folder maxed out at 99 songs, you can create Setlist 2, immediately below it. The Setlist 2 folder would be identified at MIDI: 0.1:, and then your song position value would be entered after the colon.

Thanks very much for that great explanation , I finally have it,I did a set list of 40 some songs last night, just for your information blues is not a drum kit but rather a drum beat, so I modified your instructions to make this work .But your explanation got me on the right track ,so thanks,Dino

Can someone help me? I have an important show to do tomorrow and I can no longer control the BB through the onsong, even though I have bought a new midi cable, is it possible to test the yamaha md01 cable in another way?
I already downgraded the firmware but it still didn’t work, it was after doing this update that the system stopped working