How to move existing BB Pedal data/project to a new laptop instance of BB Manager?

I have been working with the BB pedal for several years now, including using BB Manager to, well, manage it for new downloadable content (Beats/Songs) and for creating my own song files.

My PC crashed so now I have a new laptop.

My goal is to restore the content on the pedal to a project on the new laptop and resume managing the pedal from my new laptop. It is not working out… and I have tried so many different things in different order, in different folders, with different names I truly think it inefficient to try to explain what I did.

So I am hoping to start with a set of instructions of how to do it. Does anyone here have instructions on how it should work to move the contents of the pedal to a new installation of BB Manager?

The instructions I’ve found (or fragments thereof) seem to all speak to how to move a project to the pedal, not the reverse like I am trying to do.

I appreciate any help… and should I need further help I will begin compiling at least one pass through how I’m trying to do it.

Thanks much,
David
Maine, USA

• Check that you have the latest version of the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) installed on your computer and if not, download and install it;
  • You have to have a bbworkspace (BBW) folder in your computer. If you don’t have one yet, go here to download and then unzip. Download default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder
  • NOTE: if you already have the complete BBW default content backup folder installed on your computer, you’re good to go;
  • Move the folder and its contents to your user/documents folder on your laptop;
  • Assuming the project on your SD card is current with the content you need, insert your SD card in your laptop’s SD slot reader;
  • BBM File - Open Project (and navigate to your SD card and select open
  • Follow the prompt to save your project to your user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects folder;
    Accept the prompt to synchronize the project on your BBM with your SD card.

Fantastic. This worked perfectly.

I think, for me, I would add the detail that we should give the SAME project name during the last step where we “follow the prompt to save our project”. It failed the first time when I gave a new project name instead of using the current one on the pedal.

FWIW, the two new pieces of information for me was to follow the link to download the default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder (I had these subfolders but they were empty), and to specify the project save location “…/user_lib/projects” (I didn’t try saving the project here).

Thank you persist,
David

1 Like