How to stop One Press loop repeating?

I have produced a song and was very happy with it until I played it on the BeatBuddy pedal.

It sounded great, but at the end of the song - it started all over again. It’s one long song, no start, fills etc.

How do you prevent this happening ?

Instead of placing it in the Main Drums Loop section of the song, place it in either the Intro (requires single-tap to start playing) or the Outro (requires double-tap to start).

You will have to place a NULL, NIL or Empty MIDI file in the Main Drums Loop so that the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) recognizes a complete song.

1 Like

Or, if you feel the need to keep the song in the main loop section, edit significant blank space into the end of the song, 20 measures or so, followed by a velocity 1 note that goes to the end of the next measure. This will give you time to end the song, with a conventional double or triple tap, without having the main loop repeat.

1 Like

I’m really new to the BeatBuddy and still discovering it’s capabilities and limitations.

In the case of the track I did, I think the best thing I can do is

1. Included a four beat intro
  2. Main track
  3. A boom-tish crash in the outro ( or similar )

I’ll have a go and repost All Day and All Of The Night ( Kinks ) sng to the Forum later.

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:
Alan