I can't check the drum sets that I added

Hello, I am new and I am learning. I can’t check the drum sets I added. It worked yesterday but this morning it was impossible. When I double click I can clearly see all the elements of the set and I can listen to it individually. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, the result is the same. I don’t know what to try anymore. Anyone have an idea to unblock me?

Have you reached the Singular Sound support?

Are you saying that it worked with the physical BeatBuddy but after restarting it doesn’t work anymore? :thinking:

Which tool you used? BBMO? And anything else you can say about your working environment? Which browser? Etc. :upside_down_face:

No, sorry, I forgot to say that this happens on the BB Manager.
On the SD card yesterday I managed to put my drumsets, and everything was ok, but now the check box in the Manager does not want to be checked. The new batteries that I wanted to install do not want to be registered in the BB Manager.
Everything that is already on my SD works perfectly. There must be something I’m doing wrong with the synchronization, I haven’t looked into the method in depth yet. Otherwise I’m on W11 with Chrome.

The legacy BB Manager is not supported anymore so I suggest trying out the new BB Manager Online :slightly_smiling_face:

Indeed you are right, I succeeded with the BBMO. Thank you for the info. Very convenient.

1 Like

Once you import a drum set to the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and check the box, you will not have to check it again.

Understood, thanks.