I can't find Beat Box on my Beat Buddy

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious but here goes. I installed the beta Mac Manager software and was able to create a couple of songs but couldn’t get them on the Beat Buddy. I then remembered I needed to update the SD card, so when I plugged that into my Mac, whoa there’s a Beat box folder. I created a new folder in Songs and copied my files there but when I put the SD card in my Beat Buddy, no new folder and no Beat Box. What Am I missing here? Couldn’t find anything in settings about user vs default files so I’m stuck.
Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
And thanks to Defeacator for the beta Mac manager. For a Windows guy, you’re all right

All you need to do is synchronise the project to the pedal, sounds like you have tried to do it manually. Watch my 2nd tutorial video on how it should work. If you have created extra folders on the SD card then you can delete them.

If you are having problems synchronising then follow Daefecators advice:

Well, it’s great you liked the Mac beta, @RandyClay!
I’ve always struggled with Project Sync’ing. What never failed me was making a total and complete copy of my project (four folders - DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS and SONGS) from the original location (that would most likely be BBWorkspace/user_lib/projects/SD_CARD/ for you) to the SD card, overwriting everything. Even better is erasing all the SD card content prior to copying.

While project sync is most likely faster (as it doesn’t copies everything), full copy process is deprived of annoying error with invalid song (when you accidentally a main part in some song). Finding that song later when sync fails may not be as easy as it sounds :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I bought some 16G cards to play with and not disturb the vanilla BB card. I just don’t know where to put the new songs. I looked at the midi content file and it doesn’t match what displays on the BB. The folder that says “songs” has 22 (the right number) but is not in English :).
So I’m thinking I just create a new folder in the manager and replace the songs folder on the trial card and it will show up on the BB when I plug the new card in.
Is this correct?
Thanks for your time and willingness to help.
Randy

Sort of yes, if you add the new folder in BBManager, and then proceed to replace the entire SONGS folder on your SD card with the one from your project, you are most likely good to go.
Anyways, I would treat the four content folders as a non-separable solid unit, and replace all of them to avoid any possible errors with Accent Hit bindings and so on.

By the way, you can use your new clean SD card. Simply copy that four folders right on top of it, and plug it into the BeatBuddy and it will see it.

Thanks, I’ll try that.
Mahalo (thank you) from Hawaii
Randy

Well I tried it, and after much head scratching finally figured it out. The Defeacator project folder contains the files I want and after replacing the folders on the SD card with thr right ones from the right folder, Jippe and Hallelulah, there are my new songs. Thanks again Defecator for your hard work on this project,
Now I need to spend sometime creating new Midi files. I’ll go looking for the right note assignments and go for it. The BB has now become an indispensable tool for me.

You can look in the Drum Kits subforum here. It has a sticky thread with the MIDI note assignment listing in it for your convenience. The post you should look for is number 3 there.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-drumsets-midi-notes-mapping.1873/#post-7939