I feel like I wasted $500 on Beat Buddy. VERY UNHAPPY

You can use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor to see how any of the default drum sets are mapped. To open the MIDI Editor, click-hold a song (or left-click) part and in the contextual menu that opens, select Edit . . . ; select No when the Quantize prompt appears.

If you hover over a song part, you should see a tool tip

Several of the default drum sets are mapped similarly but you’ll find differences in the jazz, brushes, latin and premium drum sets are different.

Most users don’t like using the BBM MIDI Editor to create beats (and if they do, they eventually find that the built-in MIDI Editor is tedious and not easy to use), instead using a DAW (digital audio workstation). For many users, a DAW has too steep a learning curve and so they quickly get discouraged.

If you want to learn how to use a DAW, there are several tutorials available on the forum. Just search using “tutorial.”

1 Like

i think a lot of people would love to be able to take a midi files and delete all the tracks except the drum beat then take the beat and convert it to a .sng file the copy it and past it to beat buddy manager so i can play on the beat buddy.

That’s essentially what we do when we make DOP tracks. (Drums, one press.) It works well in most cases. You just have to watch the drum mapping. Ex. If the song has the kick on 35 and the kit only has a kick drum at 36, you need to move the 35s to 36.