I HEARD IT THROUGH TE GRAPEVINE (CCR OPB) - COMPLETE

Yep — its been done here 4 times before. After a LONG hunt, I meshed a few source files together to get an accurate drumtrack … VERY close to the correct version.

This is LONG… over 8 minutes at 122bpm, BUT its not as long as the CCR jam version. I only used 15 sets of Dm-G before the outro rather than the 38 sets in the jam version.

All verses and choruses are here, as are the three solos before the LONG jam solo. The attached tab has all three solos worked out correctly. IF the pdf doesnt print properly, my apologies as I did it in Guitar Pro originally.

Suggestion re learning th solo … basically its all Dm and Am penta and blues in E form. Work on that and a bit of C form for the Dm penta) and you have it made.

As a note … that famouse riff is done two ways when CCR played live. On occasion bass takes it entirely, but most often, bass has its own version and is doubled up by the lead. Thats what Ive done here.

Have fun with this. Uses NP STANDADR PRO BASS

I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE.zip (165.6 KB)

3 Likes

You outdid yourself on this one Phil. Perfect… Got some work to do to get the guitar work down. And I think I just wrecked my voice already,…

Have fun with it. I might actually do the longer version too. We’ll see.

Next is “Run Through the Jungle”

2 Likes

Guitar work is easy… like I said it’s Am Penta from fret 5 , and Dm penta from fret 10. Other than that, it’s not bad.