I lost a whole folder and I want it back

I created a new song for my folder called Blue Sea (more gig on a boat) and called it Kona, Kona and tried to synchronize and then export to my SD card. It seemed to work, but when I put the card in the Beat Buddy, the first song (which I put first) was called 1 Kona ( I didn’t name it that) and all the other songs were not names but the Beat Buddy language which I can’t read. I had this once before when I tried to name a song 10000 Reasons, so I tried fixing it in the BB Manager and got the "do you want to save to the root yes/no and now it seems the card is unusable and I lost the entire folder in BB Manager. I have a backup SD card and got my folder back but had to create a new folder called Project old. How do I get the song I created and other changes back? I tried repairing the SD card in Disk Utility and it failed. I guess the card is toast, but why? Sorry this is so long …

This is certainly very strange behavior. Are you using the latest version of the BeatBuddy Manager (1.5.01)? And does your OS meet the minimum recommended specs (Win Vista+/OS X 10.9+)? This is important to know.

How did you try “fixing it” in the BBManager? Also, do any of your songs’ names contain any characters that are not letters or numbers (such as periods or apostrophes)? If so, remove them.

If a folder or some songs within a folder truly got deleted, I don’t believe there is a way to recover them. Let’s try to figure out what is happening here…