Import Midi from Guitar pro 6 to BBM

Hello,

I am willing to export a drum midi file from GP6 (only one track) to BBM. It works partially. I can get all sounds except bass drum. Any idea to solve that ?

Thanks, John

Midi file exported from GP6 attached to the post

Check that the bass drum is the correct note C1 midi note 36.

I just fixed for you. You bass drum was set to midi note 35 instead of 36.
Still Havnt found.MID

Midi 35 is set for bass drum with some programs. Beatbuddy needs 36.

Got it. Thanks so much. GP6 not able to set to 36, but I have used MidiEditor. Happy !

Can any of you reccomend aspecificMidi editing software?

GP6 is able to set to almost anything you wish, though I’d still recommend getting Guitar Pro 5.2.

Should I get 5.2 insteadof 6? If not where in the software do you navigate to in order to change the assignments? Thanks for the help!

You have to edit out all the notes one-by-one manually. Just look through all the notes, see figure 36, mouse click on it, type 35.

Man I feel really stupid but I think I have isolated just the part I want to export as a MIDI, but I just do not see where to type in the 36.

If all you want is for GP6 midi 35 to play without midi editing a quick solution would be to add a new drum to a kit using 35 as kick in addition to 36 for both GP and BB compatibility. There are links to wavs from the BB kits in the samples folder.

If you’re a Mac user the best way I’ve found by far to automatically remap all stray notes to BB assigned is to use Logic’s transform feature.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/apples-logic-daw-can-remap-to-bb.2817/

Thank you!! I think that will work! Do you know where the wav files for the bass drum are located? I tried to add an instrument to my kit but can not find the appropriate default wav files.

This is the post with the kit zips. http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beat-buddy-drum-samples.2047/
once unzipped, I put in user_lib/wav_souces, each kit sound is in folders for the drum part, 36-Kick Drum for example has sub folders in it for the wavs by velocity. Not sure why adding a drum wav to a new instrument spot in a kit would need to find the default, they aren’t included outside of the kits in the standard content which is why I extracted and posted. As I understand it the Wavs are loaded into the .DRM when being defined so unless one changes it should be set. Try opening the default rock kit save to new name, then add instrument to it with 35 as the new note and navigate to where the zip wavs are and set one for each velocity needed following the settings used by the default setup on 36.

Norbert
Thank you!!! I finally got it to work by adding in the extra base kick at 35. I also figured out how to adjust the midi settings as well as add and delete instruments with anvil studio. I owe you!

Your welcome, good to see it worked out.

How do you edit Tracks in GP6 for beatbuddy wanna make some hair metal/rock tunes for a gig?

Probably easiest if GP6 will allow you to export to MIDI format and then to edit using a DAW like Reaper (free to try) or Logic Pro X; you can also use the BeatBuilder available from this forum.