Trying to collect enough info on the Areos to make an educated decision on a purchase and the current manual lacks a lot on what can be done or how to do certain functions. Hoping someone may have tried a few things I’m asking below.
One of the things I do with my current looper pedal is import WAV file drum loops/sounds created in a DAW. I’m assuming the Areos is capable of this, but there is no mention of using USB to transfer files into the unit. Perhaps when the SD card functionality is implemented it may be an easier alternative to the USB.
- Stereo 44.1 kHz 16-Bit .wav File Format standard?
- Is there a setting in the Areos to ‘Open’ and ‘Close’ the USB for connection to a computer?
- Is the current song on which the Areos is selected where the WAV file will be loaded to or can the WAV file be assigned to any song number/placement in any order?
- Can the Areos track(s) to which a WAV file is imported be selected or does it default to Areos tracks 1-2? Ex: Import a WAV stereo track to Areos tracks 3-4
- If I have 50 or so WAV file drum loops to import, can these be imported ‘bulk’ in one operation (drag/drop a group) or do they have to go in one at a time? Similarly if I export loops made in the Areos can those be exported in ‘bulk’ or just one at a time?
- Do the WAV files retain their file name and displayed as the same on the Areos?
- Assumed the Areos will properly recognize the end of a WAV file loop and loop to the start point without a timing glitch(?) Not sure if loops created in the Aeros would have ‘markers/pointers’ to indicate start/stop points in loops that an imported WAV may not have.