Infinity Looper Help

DM1, I believe Nelson got this straightened around when Pigtronix got back from NAMM. I think it was a corrupted file system.

Hey Pigtronix owners: I’m sure you can do this with the Infinity but as an owner myself I have to say their Updates and their Tech support/Blog/Updates page is one of the most confusing pages out there. I honestly think the primary focus of the Infinity looper is live on the fly looping (which is my intention) and that Pigtronix maybe trying to play catch up with some of the different applications users are trying out there. There firmware updates have problems taking up too much memory on the memory card so that maybe be the problem some of you are experiencing. I had memory full up to 70-80% just on unneeded files so check your driver’s memory status for your Infinity. I don’t quite get it all but there was some mention of it on the latest update and it freed up my memory on my looper… I found it a super confusing update that took me a couple of hours to complete when most are point and click…

Do you happen to have a link or a source directing us to the “memory problems” with the firmware?

http://www.pigtronix.com/blogs/infinity/
There is no specific thread but I downloaded the latest firmware for PC’s on this page. I believe its the one for PC with actual screenshots. If you downloaded it already then you might want to hook up your Infinity via usb to your computer and see how much memory you have available. I had hardly available memory left maybe 15-20% tops. After I was done downloading it I erased the contents of the Mac folder and the LooperFW folder in my Infinity because they seemed to be eating up all of the memory. Don’t remember if it said to do that or not on the directions but having a PC there seemed no reason to keep the content of that Mac folder and nothing seemed of use in the LooperFW folder. Deleting the content of those two folders after updating seemed to free up a lot of space in the Infinity… I hope that helps your situation…

I had to reformat the Infinity back to factory settings. I know that the SD card is formatted so that a small portion of the card is for the operation of the looper etc and the rest is for the loops. I don’t have a Mac but any updates that I have completed took about a minute. Can’t see storage being an issue. When I update I think it just overwrites the other application with the option to rollback if you wish.

I’m unaware of any memory issues. I’ve upgraded firmware several times and have 5 or 6 full length songs (5-7mins each) stored on the presets and it keeps operating just fine. You shouldn’t need to modify the contents of the SD card, save for dropping the newest software on there from time to time, but even then, it just overwrites the file that is already there. The Infinity has plenty of memory with it’s stock card.

Ok, I have been using this wonderful Looper for a few days. It’s a bit confusing, I must say, but not particularly complicated (thank God).
It’s frankly, a bit odd how they do things. Even getting the software is cumbersome and strange. There’s virtually no help out there for it, so your on your own. I installed both the Mac and Win apps.

I had a bit of trouble with the Windows app file structure. It has a terminal DOS box that runs along side the GUI that tells you whats going on (great for troubleshooting BTW). Anyway…

Did Pigtronix say it’s safe to open it now and upgrade the SD? A while back you couldn’t do this as it would void your warranty, and they had to format the SD card themselves (never seen that before LOL). But Sweetwater has instructions to upgrade the SD on their site. My problem is loop size I can load. Large loops won’t go. There is a boot up procedure to adjust this apparently, but i’m curious about the SD card anyway.

Got to love these Boutique outfits :slight_smile:

You can change the Sd card but I think you have to reformat the unit back to factory settings. Loop length is governed by the fact that there are 2 separate loops that are tied together by one loop being 2x, 4x etc. the length of loop one. I haven’t had any problems with software but you do have to run it as administrator in Windows 7. When I had a problem with the unit they sent me a program to more or less mirror what was on the unit and then reformat. They told me if I changed the card I would have to run the same application. I think I still have a copy of their email somewhere if you are interested.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I could use the app. Could I PM you my email?

I would like to have a coppy of that e mail if it still exists…and any info on changing the sd card for a 32gb card…id like maximum room.
I want to avoid any issues like when you install a new card you must need to coppy any opperating type files over to pc first so it has a boot record right ? Then install the latest firmware

For those interested in putting a larger capacity SD card in their Infinity Looper, refer to post 11 at this link for instructions:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/infinity-looper-format-larger-sd-card.104993/

Thanks for link…using BeatBuddy at mo…and infinity…great with beatbuddy

Also, here’s a script that could be used to format the Infinity Looper SD card (Pigtronix-supplied solution). Although I have not tried it, it should work on a Mac as well by copying and pasting the contents into Terminal.

Hey I have same problem did you get a fix for this ??? Rob

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/index.php

Has some answers for the PIG

^^^
Nice of you to suggest that site but do you have a specific thread that solves a BeatBuddy-Infinity problem? If so, could you provide the link to that thread or post?

Otherwise, you have to be a member of that forum in order to search and not sure it’s worth it.