Installing beat downloads via mac

Being a newbie I find most videos relating to BeatBuddy manager a bit daunting, too fast and most seem to be out of focus also every thing seems to concern Windows.
This is even more difficult for me as I’ve only ever used a Mac and I can"t for the life of me find a video explaining how to download and install beats from the bb premium store Via BBmanager to my pedal.

If anybody knows where I could find such a “dedicated” instruction for Mac rather than Windows I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks in anticipation

I don’t quite know where you’re at in the setup process so I’ll take this from the beginning:
[LIST]
[]download and install latest version of the BBM for your computer’s operating system from https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/software-download/
[
]use the BBM menu Tools to Set Workspace Location (should be to your bbworkspace folder)
[]plug your SD card into your computer SD slot reader; make sure the card is unlocked
[
]download Default BeatBuddy Content Update from the same link above; unzip the file and copy the contents to your SD card
[]download BeatBuddy Firmware v2.0.4 from the same link as above; unzip the file and copy the 5 files to the top level (or root) of your SD card; eject the card
[
]with the power off on your pedal, insert the SD card and power the pedal on; allow it to complete the install of the firmware
[]set your foot switch and pedal settings using the pedal settings menu; power the pedal down and remove the SD card
[
]insert card in your computer SD slot
[]from the BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to your SD card; you should be prompted to save your project to your computer and you should allow it to do so; it will begin to the process of loading the project from the card to your bbworkspace; when done, it will ask if you want to Synchronize your project; approve it
[
]from the BBM > File > Import > Folder (or songs or drum kits) for the premium stuff you bought (make sure you unzipped those files, first)
[]from the BBM > File > Import > Folder (or songs or drum kits) for the premium and/or drum sets you bought and downloaded from the forum (make sure you unzip the folders)
[
]in the BBM click the Drum Sets tab and click the check boxes for any kits that you want the BBM to use; from the BBM > File > Save Project
[*]from the BBM > File > Synchronize Project (to your SD card)
[/LIST]
BTW, I think there’s a file in pdf format with the instructions that explains what to do for the products you buy from Singular Sound. The steps above will also work for songs or drum kits that you download from the Resources section of this forum.

I’m still having problems unzipping BB files on my mac but am working on it ( hopefully )
another problem is when I load BB manager now including the sd card the left column which normally shows all info, songs, folders, drum sets etc remains blank, any suggestions?

[LIST]
[]Double-click on a zipped file and your Mac should expand it automatically. If you’re having trouble, Get Info on the zip file and make sure that its set to open with Archive Utility. If it doesn’t show Archive Utility, change it using the dropdown
[/LIST]
[ATTACH]7270[/ATTACH]
[LIST]
[
]Make sure you use your BBM Tools > Set Workspace Location to wherever you have your bbworkspace folder. You should be saving your projects within your bbworkspace folder. Use BBM File > Open Project and navigate according to the attached screen shot and open your project. If you’re saving your projects directly to your SD card instead of your bbworkspace folder, you need to start saving your projects to your workspace and then Sync to your SD card.
[/LIST]
[ATTACH]7271[/ATTACH]

I bought a new SD card to use with BB manager while I “experimented” rather than corrupt anything on the original BB card by miss-synchronisation or whatever.
I copied the original BBcard to my Mac and copied the content of it down to my new card (16gb)
The new card is showing up as having the prescribed files when viewed though my Mac but will not work through the pedal, zilch.
All this is after checking that the new card was clear of any data which it was.
Any ideas please.

As long as you did not format the new SD card, try copying the firmware files to the new card and see if that works. When you insert it in the pedal, allow the firmware update to complete.

Finally managed to find the root of all my problems---- faulty sd card! should have checked this earlier.
After buying a second card I have downloaded appropriate files onto it and everything works, just need to put Premium purchased beats on it

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Premium beats now downloaded and put into folders on bb manager and synchronised to sd card. I now have 2 sd cards each with different folders on them and I need to transfer the information from one of the cards onto the other card without overwriting the folders already on the second card.
Is this possible ?

I am not exactly sure what you are saying, but what I think you have is 1 SD card with some of your stuff, and a 2nd SD card with the rest of your stuff. Is that correct? Do you have a BB project created in Beat Buddy Manager that has all of your stuff? That is what you need to wind up with. Then you can Synchronize (or Export>Project to SD card, if Synchronize is not available) to each SD card, one at a time, and have a card and a back-up card.

Assuming you don’t have a complete project on your Beat Buddy Manager, you can just re-import the premium beast from your downloads folder, or, if you have deleted the download, you can re-download it from Singular. There is not a viable way to just copy the folders from one BB SD card to another, unless you are just copying an entire card. That is, you should never use you computer’s finder or file management system for your BB projects. They should only be managed using Beat Buddy Manager.

Sorted out loads of stuff from the replies from various members on this forum,thanks.
I am able to record and overdub etc, I can use most facets of the infinity app. on mac and really enjoying using BB as Midi master to the looper.
Still one aspect is a bit baffling regarding saving loops to presets, I can’t work out exactly which bank they end up in therefore hard to find.
I’ve read the manual and I know there are 10 presets containing 5 banks each but how can I select which preset and bank to store a loop in so I can name it and record it on paper then recall it later to load.
The Infinity is lacking some intuition for me on this aspect I’m afraid.
Any information very welcome.

Just launched BB manager,last used in January when I created songs and synced my work to card and all seemed to go ok.
However BB manager will not load the stuff which is on my card now but only loads stuff previous to January. When I try to load from projects saved to my computer it tells me it is ’ invalid project’
I am still using the same card as always, finder shows everything on my card but BB manager won’t load up.
Any ideas what is happening and suggestions welcome.
Firmware is up to date I think, Version 2.4

If you want the content that’s on your SD card to open in the BBM,
[LIST]
[]insert it in your computer SD slot.
[
]BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to your SD card and select Open
[*]if the BBM has the content that you wanted, you can File > Save Project As to your bbworkspace or whatever folder you’re saving your BBM projects to
[/LIST]

Thanks but it still doesn’t load content, after selecting Open Project ( with card installed ) it goes through ’ Parsing, Loading etc procedure but doesn’t load the latest card content. Open project second time and it recognises that I want to load from a card and suggests I save copy to computer or no, I select no but it doesn’t load required content, I select Save and continue on with the save procedure ( put in Documents ) still doesn’t load. All the stuff on the card is showing up via finder so no problem with the card and i’ve tried my backup card with the same results.
I’m pretty flummoxed now, should I need to delete all BBM stuff and start afresh, I hope not .
I am determined to sort this as I love this pedal.

Only thing that I can think of is that you might have opened a new project or saved it with a different name. Open your workspace folder on your computer and see if there’s any project in there dated from January around the time you might have last used it; if it’s there, DO NOT double-click that project in Finder—just make a note of the name. Here’s an screen shot of what you should be looking for:
[ATTACH=full]9254[/ATTACH]

From the BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to the folder on your computer and find the project with the name you noted above, select it and click Open. This might be your project.

If this doesn’t help, not sure what else could have happened.

This is really weird, all attempts to open a project ended up with the message ’ invalid project file ’ ?
The only songs that loaded were from a project made when I initially used BBM which I think were already on BBM,
Attempts to load from the SD card produced the same result.
Opening up the card revealed that the most recent stuff was still on there but not loading, all I have done with the card is try to load on BBM and open it up via Mac Finder to see what was on it, nothing else.
But then the BB pedal would only show the early stuff although the card showed everything on it via Finder, it used to play it but it disappeared when placed in the pedal, checked again and card still showing everything.
In the end I re -wrote all the songs on the BBM that were missing as I had made notes originally and synchronised to the card overwriting
previous stuff and it now appears to be working OK ?
It’s very frustrating though not knowing what caused all this. Also made a copy second card just in case.
Thanks anyway for your suggestions.
I carry on and wonder.

I have had issues where the Workspace gets corrupted and I have had to rebuild. You may have had that sort of experience. As soon as you get things sort out, I suggest exporting your folders as pbf files to an archival location. Replace those as necessary when you add new content. If you ever get more gremlins, you can start from scratch, and just import your archived pbf files and drums kits. Yes, it’s a pain, but it’s better than losing songs.