Installing the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) on the Mac for the first time

I just bought BeatBuddy and am trying to load BBManager on my MacBook Pro (Catalina 10.15.7). When I drag the BBManager icon to the Applications icon to install, nothing happens, and in the Applications folder, it just shows the BBWorkspace folder.

Is this what this thread is saying - that I can’t load BBManager onto any Mac OS? If I can’t use BBManager to sequence my songs, then I have to return this product.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

The BeatBuddy Manager (BBM ) works under El Capitan, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.

First things first and if you have not done so yet, please read the user quick start guide; here’s a link with helpful resources: resources

You will need to start from scratch, which means a clean slate on your computer:

• your BeatBuddy pedal should not be connected to your computer during this process—it’s best not to use the USB connection method as the data transfer process has not reliable for some users; if your SD card is inserted in your computer SD slot, eject it. If you don’t have an SD slot reader on your computer, buy an external SD/media card device and use it to Export and Synchronize your project to your SD card;
  • delete all instances of your bbworkspace folder from your computer;
  • delete any instances of the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) app; do the same for the app image file you downloaded;
  • download a fresh copy of the BBM app from BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac) and double-click the .dmg file to mount the image;
    • try to copy the BBM app to your Applications folder; if dragging it does not work, try copying the app from the image folder and then pasting it to the Applications folder; if this still does not work, try dragging or pasting the app from the image folder to your Desktop and then to your Applications folder;
    • drag or copy the the bbworkspace folder to your ~user/documents folder;
    • insert your SD card in your computer slot reader;
  • to open the BBM app for the first time: control-click the BBM app (in your Applications folder); from the Contextual menu that appears, click Open and you may see a process “Verifying the app” or words to that effect; you should then be presented with a dialog box (see screen shot)
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 7.18.28 AM press Open
  • if prompted by the BBM, navigate to your SD card and select Open;
    • you will be prompted to save your project to your computer; name your project and navigate to ~user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects and press (Save or Open);
    • follow the next prompt to use this SD card for future synchronizations.

Some things about the Mac version of the app; 1) there’s a known bug that the BBM synchronization does not work so you’ll have to use Export - Project to SD card; there are some workarounds you can find on the forum. 2) if you’re still having problems getting the BBM app to work, you may find this link helpful: Mojave or Catalina: how to get the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) installed and working

Let us know how things turn out.

Hello,

I have updated my Mac Book with MacOS Monterey and I cannot launch my Beatbuddy manager. Is there a compatibility issue with this new MacOS version ?

Thanks , Thierry

1. See if this link helps. Read it but don’t try to follow any of the steps, instead go to para. 2, below and do that after you have read the document. When the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) doesn’t launch in macOS High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur…

I’m in the process of updating the instructions and thread to incorporate the updated version.

1. You will probably want to delete the existing BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) app from your laptop and then download and install this notarized version of the BBM. https://singularsound-publicly-downloadable.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/BBM/BBManager-1.6.4.1.dmg

2. Please let us know if para 2 helped.

Thanks for your prompt answer and support as I finally could install BBmanager using the version you sent.
Thanks, Thierry

1 Like