The BeatBuddy Manager (BBM ) works under El Capitan, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.
First things first and if you have not done so yet, please read the user quick start guide; here’s a link with helpful resources: resources
You will need to start from scratch, which means a clean slate on your computer:
- your BeatBuddy pedal should not be connected to your computer during this process—it’s best not to use the USB connection method as the data transfer process has not reliable for some users; if your SD card is inserted in your computer SD slot, eject it. If you don’t have an SD slot reader on your computer, buy an external SD/media card device and use it to Export and Synchronize your project to your SD card;
- delete all instances of your bbworkspace folder from your computer;
- delete any instances of the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) app; do the same for the app image file you downloaded;
- download a fresh copy of the BBM app from BeatBuddy Manager Software 1.64 (Win/Mac) and double-click the .dmg file to mount the image;
• try to copy the BBM app to your Applications folder; if dragging it does not work, try copying the app from the image folder and then pasting it to the Applications folder; if this still does not work, try dragging or pasting the app from the image folder to your Desktop and then to your Applications folder;
• drag or copy the the bbworkspace folder to your ~user/documents folder;
• insert your SD card in your computer slot reader;
- to open the BBM app for the first time: control-click the BBM app (in your Applications folder); from the Contextual menu that appears, click Open and you may see a process “Verifying the app” or words to that effect; you should then be presented with a dialog box (see screen shot)
- if prompted by the BBM, navigate to your SD card and select Open;
• you will be prompted to save your project to your computer; name your project and navigate to ~user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects and press (Save or Open);
• follow the next prompt to use this SD card for future synchronizations.
Some things about the Mac version of the app; 1) there’s a known bug that the BBM synchronization does not work so you’ll have to use Export - Project to SD card; there are some workarounds you can find on the forum. 2) if you’re still having problems getting the BBM app to work, you may find this link helpful: Mojave or Catalina: how to get the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) installed and working
Let us know how things turn out.