Intermittent turn on issues

Sometimes my unit will just not turn on. I have it in a pedalboard with a very good power supply, all the cables are good. All the connections are good. I have checked this about 45 times. It’s the unit itself. Sometimes it will just not turn on. It’s happened twice at gigs now and it’s very disconcerting and throws me off my game. The other issue is, when it won’t turn on, it won’t allow audio to pass through so at least I could use the rest of my pedalboard, all the effects and stuff. But it won’t, it sends this loud popping sounds once a second to all the outputs if it’s off. It would be nice if you could fix this, somehow in a firmware update. But also, I think I need to get my unit fixed. There must be something wrong with the internal power supply. The other day at the gig it would not turn on. I unplugged it, I unplugged the power bar, power supply. I unplugged the whole pedalboard, I unplugged all the connections reconnected everything, turned it off and on about 15 times nothing. And then, somehow, miraculously, in the second set after playing the whole first set totally frustrated, it magically came on. Very very odd . Could you help me please? Also, you should make the audio output straight through even when the units not on. Sometimes at band gigs, I don’t use it at all, and it would be good to have the audio pass through. I don’t know if that’s possible in a firmware update. Aside from that, I absolutely love the thing. Several of my students have bought them because I use them.Please help!

Does it display the issue if using the Singular Sound power supply?

I have never ever use that. I don’t think I even still have it. I have a very good power supply and it works absolutely 100% of the time with all of my other pedals. And yes, I’ve switched plugs and traded in different inputs outputs. It’s definitely the unit doing it. It’s absolutely inexplicable why it would sit there for an hour while I tried everything to turn it on and wouldn’t work, then I gave up, then an hour later, just for fun, I flip the switch and it comes on perfectly, and performs well for the rest of the night .

Hey there,

Some pedal power supplies have reported not working with the Aeros because of the way they ramp up power. What is the name of the power supply you are using?

Strymon Ojai. I should also say that it worked flawlessly for over a year, then started doing it.

Old board: worked fine.

New board: LESS STUFF!

Brennan nailed it…

Not an Aeros, but similar problem with a digital device…

1 million thank yous. I’m gonna go beat up Strymon then. And I owned one of their pedals for a year and really hated the interface. I’m about to add 3 EBS pedals, as well as an Origin FX fender bassman emulator pedal, so I have to get a larger board and a new power supply anyway; what would you suggest for power?

Strymon also used to have this in one of their online blogs.

Some forum users speak highly of the TrueTone 1 Spot CS7
https://truetone.com/cs7/

2 Likes

Kind of a Band-Aid solution and I’m not sure of the barrel sizes of the connectors. I think if you powered up the Strymon and let it ramp to the full 9 vdc and then powered on the Aeros with this switch it should reliably power on. Velcro the switch to the pedal board. If it works it could save a few $$$ on a new power supply. Just not quite as convenient.

1 Like

The TrueTone power supplies are amazing! I have used one for 8 years…isolated, the whole deal…and reasonably priced.

2 Likes