Issues with BBM for Mac users

I am a Mac user, and I have been using the BeatBuddy for 5 years. I am aware of the “Synchronize Project” bug for Mac users (How in the world has this issue NOT been resolved by now? It’s been a problem for many years.), and I am also aware of the bug that hides your entire library if you use a period in file & folder names. Because I use the BeatBuddy every week as “my only drummer option” for worship at my church, I cannot afford to have my BBM not work properly.

So… with the known bug(s) for Mac users, I have resisted upgrading my Mac OS. I am still using Mohave (2018) because when Catalina came out in 2019, I read that there was some ‘new thing’ (forgive my lack of knowledge/understanding of the correct terminology) in Catalina that required all kinds of app and software developers to re-design their programs or else they weren’t going to work on Macs anymore. This scared me into believing BBM would most likely be one of the programs that wouldn’t work.

I would like to upgrade my Mac, but I am so dependent on BBM working properly, that I am willing to keep using Mohave until it is ancient, if that’s what it takes. Can anyone offer me ABSOLUTE assurance that BBM works with Catalina? And now with Big Sur, I’m actually two updates behind.

I’ve tested it with Catalina and the BBM works; I’ve also done preliminary testing with the beta releases of Big Sur but haven’t had time to test with the official release.

1 Like

Hi there, Im a Mac user and just dowloaded my first songs but cannot open BB Manager as I get the message Apple cannot verify bla bla bla, I have Big Sur installed… how can I get this working ?
Thanks
Manu

Try right-click -> Open to open the app, instead of double-click.

Thanks for your tip, but it doesn’t work.

Use the trackpad while highlighting the BBM and press hold-click; it should bring up a contextual menu and then select Open.

Control-click while highlighting the app should do the same thing.

If this still bla-bla-bla :woozy_face: doesn’t work, please take a screen shot of the error message displayed on your screen and attach it in reply. It could be an issue with the Gatekeeper function of Big Sur.

I had to buy an new Mac because the old one was way out date. When I got around to firing up beat buddy I got the error message mentioned above.
The suggestion to right click and choose open actually worked. But now I have an empty project in BB manager. All my stuff is on the sd card in the pedal, but synchronise project is greyed out. Any ideas anyone?

Go to the bottom of this page and click on the Downloads tab to start digging into some decent reference sources :face_with_monocle:

Singular Sound

BeatBuddy: The Best Drum Machine for Gutiarists | Singular Sound

The BeatBuddy is the best drum machine pedal whether you’re using it for live performance or for guitar practice. Free Shipping, 2 Year Warranty, and More.

Use the Security and Privacy control panel and then General tab > Allow apps…

1 Like

It took me a full 8 hour day to figure out how to use this:
Here is what worked for me:
From the card (No Name) there is a file in there called Beat Buddy Default Content Project BBP. when I click on that… everything seems to fall in place. Before that, every instruction said “Do not click on a file, but click on the folder “no name” to open your project”. that was wrong.
Also, I learned, on my own, when you find a beat you like, you can simply OPTION Drag it into your set list. rather than exporting it, then importing it…

1 Like

I can only tell you that for me and my setup the most recent version of MacOS (Big Sur 12.2.3) and BBM 1.6.4 for Mac are working fine together. No issues besides the known ones.

In the future, please write to support@singularsound.com, that’s what they’re there for!

Follow the instructions in this thread: Mojave or Catalina: how to get the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) installed and working