Jazz brushes drumset

As I wrote somewhere else, I repeat it here, since this is the correct forum:

Given the BB ability to play very natural drum sound, it would be very nice to have a very natural sonding jazz brushes drumset, right for playing SOFT jazz (standards or not) obviously including “stirring the soup” brushes on snare.

Some adequate midi files would complete this setup. :slight_smile:

Build your own with the “Beat Builder” by Charles Spenser. You can download right off this sight. You can create any drum beat you want with it. I use it all the time. I don’t have to rely on anyone else to create or furnish a beat that someone has made up. It works great and you can download it right into the pedal through BB Manager.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

I am empathetic with Nicola. Two of the main reasons I bought the BeatBuddy to replace an Alesis SR-16 were the advertised brushes drum set and the ability to do 3/4 time. I expected to hear some simple, soft brush sounds on only a snare drum – similar to the style on early country and western songs like Johnny Cash’s “I Walk the Line” or Patsy Cline’s “Crazy” or other examples such as Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s “Mr. Bo Jangles”, Van Morrison’s “Crazy Lone”, and so many other ballads. But on the BeatBuddy’s drum set there are many harsher percussion sounds overpowering the brushes-on-snare drum. From the Premium Content Library page’s run-together sound clip of the Jazz Brushes Beats, it is hard to judge if what I’m looking for is contained there, or whether all of those songs also have a lot of harsh percussion sounds thrown in.

There is a way to correct the harshness of the drumsets. The total output of the Beat Buddy is way to strong and loud. To remedy this, rather than use a volume pedal, I created a stereo contol box with two volume controls and two tone controls. I will upload a diagram of it. I use mine with the volume cut to 40% with the tone at 30% combined with two capacitors, both .1mfd at the output of the Beat Buddy. This really quiets the BB Pedal and takes the harshness out of the drum beats. If you’re handy, you can build this control box yourself or have someone build it for you. Hope this helps.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.