Just ordered BeatBuddy!

Hi I’m new to this forum. Just ordered Beatbuddy and switch last night directly from Beatbuddy.Not sure when it will arrive.Our Country/Western group has been using an Alises SR 16 for a few years. No complaints but just want to move on to a new adventure. I was going to listen to a few custom beats some of you have posted but cant seem to get them to play on my windows computer. After downloading , I get a message “sng. not recognized by windows media player”. If someone would enlighten me I would appreciate it. Thanks

The ‘sng’ file format can only be read by our own software, as it is a proprietary format.

In order to play around/listen to the custom beats available on this forum or our library, you will need to install the BeatBuddy Manager software, and create a project: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-1-50-1-windows-mac.4382/

Here’s a short video that shows you how to install the software and create a project:

Keep in mind that if you create a project from the backup file downloaded from our downloads page (Goran gets into how to do this at 4:40 in the above linked video), you will need to export it to your SD card once you have your BeatBuddy, in order to have the changes applied (via File > Export > Project to SD Card).

Here’s the tutorial that will get you started off with all the basics of using the BBManager: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/tutorial-for-bbmanager-version-1-5-0.4301/

If you need any further assistance with any aspect, just let us know. :slight_smile:

TIP: Purchase and Download the Groove Monkee Country Loops. They just made them available in BeatBuddy pbf. format. The Shuffles, 2-Beats and Trains are worth the admission. The Rock and Ballad loops are nice as well. We are using them exclusively for our Roots Americana Band - doing Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens and mashups of Beatles, Stones, Creedence, etc.

You should definitely download the Beatbuddy Manager and start messing with it. It has a built in player that looks like the pedal, so you can start listening to songs and seeing how to manipulate them with the pedal.