L, R Input line - How do you use it?

Hi folks, pretty elementary question for those who know their audio engineering: how or what do you use the Input on your BB for? Is it for pedals, other devices? I’m just curious, because I’m using my BB’s output to run it through a speaker, however I haven’t used the line input (mono, L, R ) for anything. Why is it there? Thanks for your feedback.

Guitar? Whatever you plug in there will get mixed with the drums when they are playing or just pass through when it’s not. I have a little bluetooth receiver plugged into mine so I can stream stuff from my phone.

I have over-driven the BB circuitry and gotten some distortion when I really cranked the controls on some of my bass guitars so be careful not to overdrive the BB.

BB can operate on its own without plugging anything on the inputs. This ports are just use if you want to mix the drum signal (pass thru)with everything else. Normally, BB is placed on the end of the chain before the mixer so the beats wont affect anything. Useful in situations if you only want 1 or 2 (stereo) output signals to the mixer and no audio engineer to help you on set, you can do the mixing prior the gig and just control the final volume at the venue.

Thank you for the feedback. It sounds like the most ordinary use is at the end of the signal chain then.

Does this mean using a bass guitar on the mono (L) or ® input of the BB may cause distortion to the overall sound whereas a regular guitar will not have this problem. To what level does the bass have to be set at the avoid overdriving the BB. Also, should one use a DI box with the BB output to connect it to the XLR mic preamp of a mixer or just connecting to the 1/4" mic input of the mixer be good enough in terms of gain level to get a good sound for the bass guitar going thru the BB.

Depends on how hot the signal coming out of your bass is. There’s no way to tell you where to set your bass without knowing a bunch of stuff so just try it. You won’t hurt anything trying it with a signal that comes out of a normal bass. Regarding DI vs 1/4", start with whatever costs you the least. If cost isn’t a factor, try it all and use the combo that gives you the best results.

Thanks for the reply. Will try it all and see which one works best.