Linndrum Kit for BB?

Has anyone here created a Linndrum kit for BB? There were so many songs in the 80s with this unique sound, it would be a great addition.

I thought I might have, but I’m not finding it. Here are samples grouped into kits that could be used to make a Linndrum kit in BB Managers drumset maker. The sample are already formatted for use in BB kits.

Linndrum kits.zip (3.9 MB)

And, here is a folder with ready to use Linndrum wav files from another source:

Linndrum converted wav files.zip (1.1 MB)

If you decide to build a kit from these wavs, please post a link to it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for these links. I haven’t built a kit before, so hopefully I’ll have some time soon to build it. It looks like the files you linked to don’t have velocity layers. I would need multiple samples of each sound for the velocity layers, right?

Not necesarily. I’ve built a number of kits with just one velocity per drum. For electronic drums, it should be OK. Just set the velocity to low of 0 and high of 127. That’s essentially what these are designed for. They are the types of drum samples that would get used in a Maschine or similar electronic drum kit, where you just have one sample for the full range of velocity. The velocity itself will control the loudness.