I have tried to load BB Manager on Mac running Catalina. It tells me I can’t load it because it can’t be checked for corruption. What is the fix for this?
Withhold military funding until they investigate!
(Sorry, could not resist…)
I didn’t have any problems installing and using the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) when I was testing Catalina beta versions all the way up to the official release version.
When trying to launch the BBM for the first time, did you hold the control key on your keyboard while clicking on the app? It should bring up a contextual menu and you select Open. This should launch the BBM. If not, you may have to change a setting in the Gatekeeper.
- You get to the Gatekeeper by opening System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General (Step 1)
- Click the lock to make changes. Enter your password (Step 2)
- Click on the App Store and identified developers radio button (Step 3)
- You can close System Preferences but I’d leave it open
- Go back to the first-time app launch (above); does the BBM now open? If not, let me know.
- If it does work now, go back to the System Preferences and change your Gatekeeper setting to the default App Store and then close.
I got a notice: “Preferences Error Could not load Security and privacy preference pane.”
Guess I thought this would be plug & play, I’m getting headache, not having a clue of what to do next except give up and return the unit, or get a new computer? Is there a cheap windows computer this would work on?
Sorry to hear you’re having problems. As I mentioned above, I had no problems using the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) in Catalina. That might have been because I migrated from Mojave to Catalina and it all worked. I reverted from Catalina to Mojave because I did not want to migrate my data to use the new system file format.
Only thing I can suggest for you to try is to
- quit the BBM;
- delete the BBM app from your computer;
- restart your Mac;
- open the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and follow steps 2 & 3 from above;
Are you able to open the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General?
- If so, close the System Preferences;
- Install the BBM app;
- ctrl-click the BBM app (don’t open it);
- the contextual menu appears; select Open.
Does the BBM launch?
Did you get the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) working on Catalina yet?
FYI. I have installed BBM on my MacPro running Catalina 10.15.5 and it’s working initially for me! You do have to right-click on the app and select Open the first time you open (as mentioned).
I created a project and copied the contents of the SD card to my workspace.
Hi. No, I am just using as is, more than enough for now. Using only the beats provided, I’m advancing my beginner skills on my Roland HPD20 Handsonic, by attempted imitation, and improvising with the beats. I was about to spring for your complete package, but read a post of someone having difficulty using it. My 72 year old brain is at a loss with midi beyond using certain controllers. So for now I’ll make do with the basic set. Thank you