Lock track with the mixer Don't work anymore 5.0.3

I just saw that it’s not more possible too lock track on the mixer screen with 5.0.3

1 Like

Hello do you mean by using the touchscreen? Otherwise the hands free locking mechanism is now possible using the slideout menu

I mean, when you open the mixer and hold down the switch too lock the track into the mixer

This function will not be re-added we have replaced it with the lock tracks method used in the slideout

That is a shame. I use lock track in 6X6 extensively. I kept it on permanently in previous versions.
It is a major pain in the neck having to enable it every time I build a new song.

Personally, I find the Slide Out Menu to be cumbersome and have even noted my Aeros unit seems to be slower after this latest update. I’ve opted to disable it completely, but now I have to keep manually locking the first track for every song.

It work on 5.0.2

1 Like

I think they’re going to see more pushback on this feature change. I just want to be able to keep track 1 locked. Doesn’t seem like a big ask.

Would it be fair to say as long as we stop undoing the lock state when you clear the song, which is fair to say is a bug since it is a change in expected behavior, that you don’t need the hands free way to lock tracks in the mixer anymore either?

A reminder that there is an option for each slideout (playing vs stopped) whether the menu closes automatically after a command is sent or whether it requires pressing the bottom left button to close it. You could set the Stopped slideout to stay open after you send lock, making it very easy to send it to multiple tracks without opening the slideout multiple times. This option can be found in the Hands Free device settings, click on Edit Stopped Slideout using the button or the touchscreen to interact with the setting.

There a great video on 5.0.x here for your viewing pleasure!

We would not suggest ever downgrading to a non-official version because there are likely bugs we considered show-stoppers there

You are correct in thinking that this is likely not a big ask, it is already ready to be tested internally soon! So I will tag in-progress

Thanks for the feedback!

much appreciated @BrennanSingularSound !
I realize I may have come across as a little petulant before but I didn’t realize this update came with so many changes, and I made the mistake of updating just before a gig.

Not a huge deal, as shortly after receiving my first Aeros LS back in 2020 I swapped it onto my board before a gig; so both of those scenarios are trial-by-fire when you’re not familiar with the new tech!

I’ve since found the time to bring my board in and familiarize myself with all these new features. Essentially what I’ve done is: disabled the slide-out menu during Play mode, instead enabling it during Stop mode which allows for quickly Locking Track(s) before starting a new Song. I’ve also edited the menu order to quickly Save or Copy Songs, tasks I had resigned for needing a Midi Maestro.

Very cool stuff going forward here!

All good and well, nice work to the team!
Thanks again for your provided tips!

P.S.
Over the past weekend I did discover Lock Track was available in the traditional method inside the Mix Menu by holding the bottom left button, holding same button to shift Exit to Lock Track; but now I’ve found a much faster way of making these changes. Also for the songs I don’t keep; the Locked Track remains even after clearing Songs.