Locomotive Breath OPBkeys(flute)

Jethro Tull

Notes: This version replaces the previous version which lacked the intro piano and the flute; it also includes the tempo changes

Suggested kit(s): Flute with Piano

Includes: 1 song, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Locomotive Breath (Jethro Tull).zip (52.1 KB)
1111/5.1

1 Like

Thanks for the song Persist…

1 Like

Hello, if i play the song on my BB i got very long substain’s on all flute tones. Any idea ?
The piano sound is good. I use the “Flute with Piano” kit
regards Matthias

I’ll look at the kit and see if it’s made properly. Sometimes I make mistakes.

1 Like

Hi, Matthias. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Do the flute notes play correctly in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) but not the BeatBuddy (BB) pedal?

I just downloaded and tested the song on the BBM (not the pedal though, as I am away from my gear). The flute notes sound properly through the BBM.

Also did a quick check on the Flute with Piano kit and it appears to be alright as well. While you’re waiting on Phil_Flood to check it out more thoroughly, I would suggest trying this:

• download just this song and import to the BBM; do the flute notes still sound “stuck” on the pedal? (Recommend not using an iPhone—if that’s what you use—to download the song but rather your computer)
  • next step would be to download the Flute with Piano kit again; delete the kit from the BBM; quit the BBM and then launch again and then import and activate the newly downloaded kit.
  • only other thing I can think of to synchronize your SD card using the computer SD slot reader and not via connecting the pedal via USB to your computer.

Does this make a difference?

Which version of the BBM are you using?

Locomotive_Breath_v4.sng (12.8 KB)

EDIT: I just tested the attached version of the song on a pedal and the flute notes are good. I am using firmware version 3.8 on the pedal and I think it should sound good with firmware versions ≥2.04

1 Like

The flute parts in the kit are working as designed.

1 Like

Hello persist and Phil,

i have downloaded the sng file from your last answer. This one works fine in the BBM on my MAC. Then i Sync’ed the project again over USB to my BB.
And “WOW” it work’ed fine also on the BB. I’m using version 3.6 on my BB.

I thing the problem was the first sng file. I had exported the sng file from the BBM to a MIDI file and open’d the file in CUBASE. All note events are very long. Like somebody press the sustain pedal on a piano forever.

Thank you for your quick response. This is one of my favorite songs out of
my “young” area.

regards Matthias

1 Like

Glad you’ve got it working. Thanks for sharing about the export from BBM.

The “stuck” flute notes was probably caused by the BBM Export to MIDI which is known to be buggy. Trying to work on the exported-from-BBM MIDI file in a DAW and then trying to use that edited file in the BBM seems to add to the problem.

1 Like

Is there a other way to convert a sng file to MIDI?

Sometimes we include the source midi files or the midi part files along with the download for the .sng. Those are the easiest files to work with.

1 Like

At one time I think a beta BBM version was posted to the forum. Although it solved the export to MIDI problem, it introduced more bugs.

1 Like

Something else that occurred to me is that I time stretched the source file for Locomotive Breath to accommodate the tempo changes in the song. I found that when editing a MIDI file exported from the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) that had previously been time stretched, that it just never sounded quite the same.

1 Like