Lookin' Out My Back Door OPB/DOP

Lookin’ Out My Back Door by CCR. This uses the brushes kit.

Since I couldn’t find a good kit that included the sweeps, I’ve included the extremely minimal “Lookin’ Out My Back Door (Bb)” kit. This kit has only the instruments needed for this song (including only the needed bass notes).

EDIT: Now includes the MIDI. If you are not hearing the bass, try replacing the intro track with this MIDI.
Lookin’ Out My Back Door OPB.zip (16.6 MB)

Hey there…love the song, but using your kit I’m not hearing any bass. Is it me??? Check it out. I imported the midi into REAPER and I’m only seeing a percussion track.

Phil

Did you use the DOP song?

I’ve reuploaded it to clarify which file is DOP and which is OPB. Do you mind checking to see whether it works now?

Hey there… have to download and try it again tmrw…. Away from computer and bb for tonight. Thanks for checking it out and I’ll do so in the morning.

OK … Bas still not turning up. Here’s the issue. The drumkit that you have only has a range of 5-21, but your bass notes (at least 19 of them) arent within that range (5-21) so they ant be heard.

Phil

Phil, that’s really strange. I am not seeing that at all, and I deleted both my song and drumkit, redownloaded and imported them to make sure.

Are you using “Lookin’ Out My Back Door (Bb)” for both the song and the drumkit?

Here’s what I’m seeing in the BBM, that doesn’t show any unsupported notes.

Although, weird: the BBM is also showing the cross stick hits that should be in (37) as in (17).

I don’t know what’s going on here.

Anyways, here’s the MIDI:
Looking Out My Back Door (Bb) Drum Track.zip (5.3 KB)

Check this out…… snapshot was taken by someone else helping out….

OK … here’s the issue. Your kit has bass running from 4-20, but you are missing 5, 12, 17, 19. Your midi file, looking at the bass only, uses 5,12,19,17 and 21. So those notes aren’t sounding at all.

Hi D - tinkered with your original file a bit in REAPER. Nice work on this. Moved the intro tamb to HH (so I could hear the timing better) and boosted the bass velocities (transposed to C but may change). Also made use of Phil Flood’s ‘Hammond 2164 and PBass 84C1’ kit. No brushes but a brush snare (40) works well.

1 Like

Phil, I’m sorry but I don’t know what the problem is. I even deleted and reinstalled BBM, and then installed it on another PC, downloading the .zip file from the link in this thread, and couldn’t reproduce the issue.