Loopers -- Again: Will a TC VoiceLive 3 Work?

I know of the Boss RC3 and Digitech Vocalist, but I’m not familiar with them at all because I’ve never used them.
Can I assume that you’re going to do away with the Boss and Digitech products and just go with the VL3 and BB for your rig, keeping the other two as back up units?
In my humble opinion you won’t need anything more than the BB and VL3. There may be some other “effects module” you’d want to add if you have a favorite, but that would be your choice. You most certainly wouldn’t need two of the same type of products in your rig though. Just sayin…if you planned on trying to keep them all and try to sync them together.

Yes the plan is to move across to the VL3 and add the BB for simple rhythm. When I gig currently I use the RC3 to make a loop so I can play lead guitar pretty simple. I bought the VL3 as an upgrade for the Vocalist and with the looper and guitar FX downsize my pedal board which has grown too large.

Just to clarify I’m not looping the BB it plays while I loop guitar in time with it.

The process at the moment is as follows is:
[LIST=1]
[]Set the tempo on the bb and hit play
[
]Begin playing the song on guitar (sometimes record a short loop and do a short solo)
[*]Sing the song creating a loop/s as I go which i use for the guitar solo
[/LIST]
The issue Ive encountered is the bb and loop not staying in time. Ive looked at the settings and they seem to be correct. I also notice that with the VL3 Met on it is slightly out of time with the BB the BB set to say 100bpm the VL3 saying 100bpm but a very slight lag between the Met and the BB.

thoughts ?

Well…your VL3 “midi tempo” feature has to be on, otherwise it can’t talk with the BB to my knowledge.
I’m not hearing a lag at all…and if there is a lag it’s not noticeable enough for me and it doesn’t throw me off tempo.
Keep in mind, I’m sure there is some lantency, but not so much that there would be a definite recognition of lag. If that’s the case with your setup, then maybe something else is on that shouldn’t be and visa-versa.

Of course there will be a slight delay when initially changing the tempos. There is a few milliseconds of delay between the BB sending and the VL3 receiving the data, but after the tempos match up you should be golden.

Hi Aaron thanks for the advise I have sorted it out since last posting and am almost ready to swap across to my new rig for live work.
The issue i was having was due to not having the metronome switched on but muted so the VL3’s looper had something to work to. I guess this should have been obvious!

Again than you for your responses

Nice:)

How do you connect the IPad to BB (or VL3)? Cable? Bluetooth?