Lost half of my songs

Hi, since last week half of my songs has disappeared from my basic setlist in Beatbuddy mngr.
I do still have them on the SD card in my BB device.
Is there a way to place them back from the SD card into BB mngr?
If not I’m in deep …
Thanks in advance for you support.
Ernest

Do you have a song name which has a period / fullstop character?

No I don’t. I only use caps in song names. I synchronized one week ago and everything works fine on the BB itself. In BB manager half of the songs (last song standing: LYIN EYES) vanished.

There is a way of creating a new project by synchronising the contents of your SD card to your PC but at the moment I can’t remember how to do it. Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in.

My first suggestion is that since your songs are still on your SD card, that you NOT try to synchronize or get the project on to your computer as that increases the risk of losing what you still have on your SD card.

I’ll send you a PM shortly so check your forum inbox.

1 Like

I have opened a new project from my SD card and saved it as a backup on my computer.
In BB manager I can open and edit this project as usual.
Happy to have all songs back but stil puzzled how this could happen.
I’m going to make another copy on a seperate SD card.
Thanks for your support.
Ernest

2 Likes

It is possible you created more than one project. I do not know if this is for sure what caused this to happen, but it’s one possibility.

One thing I would really recommend as a good practice is to backup your setlists. You do this by selecting the setlist, then File > Export > Folder. That saves a copy of the setlist on your computer. Do that every so often so you minimize the chances of losing content.

Thanks for the backup advice. I have meanwhile made a backup on my PC and in Dropbox.

You write that creating more than one project could be the cause of my problem. Does this mean that BB was meant to contain one project?

The BBManager can carry more than one project. That’s not the issue.

The reason I said that might be a reason is because I have found occasionally that people create more than one project without realizing it, and all the setlists in the previous project are “gone” because they do not exist in the new project that was created.

In general, I recommend people to have only one project to work with. You could have more than one if you want, but for most people’s needs, one project will do just fine.

OK, thanks for the explanation but the confusion between two or more projects was not the case.
All songs in that particular folder were in alphabetical order. All songs after “L” were suddenly gone.
I check and synchronize every Tuesday so fortunately the SD card in my BB was still correct.
Again… thanks for your support, I’m a happy bass player again.

1 Like