Master Blaster percussive sound.

Can someone tell me the instrument used to make the percussive short drone sound in the intro of Stevie Wonders Master Blaster(Jammin’). It can be heard at this Youtube link at:

You can hear it at 0:12, 0:16, 0:20 and0:24…

Looking to sample something similar.


It sounds like a human voice (probably Stevie Wonder’s voice) humming the prhrase as much as I can tell. Anyway, that’s what I think. The sound just before that is a guitar.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.