Metronome with a kick drum

Here is a 4/4 kick drum

I’m looking to do that same thing, but I’d like to replace the kick sound with a sample I have. I have not been able to do this successfully.

Any suggestions?

The beta BBManager has a nice midi editor built into it. Just send an email to Persist or BBSupport.

Post the sample and I’ll see what I can do.

What issues are you having with it? You are trying to edit the kick drum in the drumset editor, correct? If so, is the correct drumset playing when you play that MIDI file?

@BeatBuddy Support yes, I’m trying to edit the kick drum in the drumset editor. Would just like to replace the file with a .wav sample I have. I believe I’m doing this correctly, via browse, select file, and can hear it when I select the play button. However, when I save and attempt to add this drumset to my song no sound is produced. When I go back to the drumset editor I can no longer hear the sample there either.

Is there a minimum length or size of .wav files? That’s really the only thing I can think of as to why this isn’t working properly.

most kick drums have multiple samples. there are multiple samples by velocity as well. so if you toss just one sample in there without deleting all the others, it’s kinda random as to when it will sound. to completely replace a kick drum with a single sample, you will have to delete all the samples out of all the velocities, and create that one sample for all velocities (1–127).

or, create a new kick drum on midi note 35, and edit the midi to use that one instead of the standard one on 36.

Unfortunately, I’ve done both with no success…

the sample has to be 16 bit, 44.1k, stereo or mono… if you post the wav, i can make you a thing that uses it

@aashideacon you’re a life saver! Would still like to know what I’m doing wrong though.

let me know if this works for you… there’s definitely something wierd going on, and i think it’s the wav itself. The sample format was 32 bit float, and it needed to be 16 bit PCM, although I think 24 bit PCM works as well. The sample rate of 44.1k was correct.

Strange. I definitely set the export settings to 16 bit 44.1.

I’ll give this a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

@aashideacon sorry I’m just getting back to you now. Works great! Thanks for putting that together for me!

How do I make a kick drum metronome?

All links are dead :frowning:

Download the .sng in this thread.

If you want something other than 4/4, request it.

Hi,

Where is this .sng file please?

Thanks!

Click on the message above, where is says “New Guy, just need bass drums.” The original post will open and you can download the .sng file from the link in the next message 4_kicks.sng. I just tried it. It’s still there.

Hi there the link to the simple kick drum is dead. I’m new to the forum. Is anybody able to repost this? Thanks!